• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Under-19 World Cup- South Africa 2024

Spark

Global Moderator
That is to be expected though.. They hardly ever play in such conditions against such pace. The big question is how many of these boys can learn and adapt and make it through the FC, IPL and senior teams. I hope a lot of them do. :)
The 2010s U19 sides - the ones with Kohli, then Shaw/Gill, looked really comfortable against all comers, right?

Having said that this is an abnormally strong Australian attack for this level here, usually we rock up with one promising quick, one okay-ish spinner, and a bunch of trundlers. This time we have four genuinely promising looking fast bowlers, at least two of them look like they can already hit international speeds.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha and just as I say that he tries to pan one over the bowler's head for four, goes about 25m

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The 2010s U19 sides - the ones with Kohli, then Shaw/Gill, looked really comfortable against all comers, right?

Having said that this is an abnormally strong Australian attack for this level here, usually we rock up with one promising quick, one okay-ish spinner, and a bunch of trundlers. This time we have four genuinely promising looking fast bowlers, at least two of them look like they can already hit international speeds.
I mean the conditions as well. For some reason, we played almost all of our pre KO stage games in pitches with almost 90% less pace and bounce than the ones we have played the KOs at.

cnerd123

likes this
Well played to our boys as well. They fell short at the final hurdle but this is just the beginning of their journeys and hopefully we see far more success and ICC trophies in their future. :)
see it's this kind of loser mentality why we don't win finals anymore. stop celebrating failure and congratulating mediocrity.

Spark

Global Moderator
it's cricket. if they can't cop some pressure and/or criticism at this age they'll never win a world cup when they're older too.
I'd give them some slack tbh. A lot of them simply didn't look technically equipped to handle this standard of fast bowling, which will only change with exposure.