• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Under 19 World Cup 2018

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why does the scoreboard say "Australia Under-19s (Young Cricketers)" vs. "India Under-19s"? Is this not Australia's strongest team in this age-group?

Spark

Global Moderator
Why does the scoreboard say "Australia Under-19s (Young Cricketers)" vs. "India Under-19s"? Is this not Australia's strongest team in this age-group?
Maybe that's the "official" team name? Strange but wouldn't rule it out.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Might have something to do with that gobbilty gook of no longer referring to mens or womens teams.

Either way, they suck.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Maybe that's the "official" team name? Strange but wouldn't rule it out.
Yeah the CA branding of this team is "Australia Young Cricketers"; that's what they tend to call them in press releases etc. I think it goes all the way back to a series Aus U19s played against England U19s in the 70s, but they seem to have hammed it on a bit more lately.

Cricinfo staff are towing the line to some extent but clearly think it's silly so they've just put it in brackets. What I find interesting is that I know the ECB do this as well, but cricinfo hasn't bothered with brackets at all for England's team.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Undefeated WC run for India. **** Shastri, we need Dravid as coach and Rahane as captain.

brockley

International Captain
Thumbs down to Greg Chappell,picking too many batsmen who bowl,rather than picking Aussie batsmen that can bat.
Question of the overall standard of all under 19 sides apart from India that never looked like losing.