• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sounds like Clarke has played a blinder. Fair play. Cliche time but we really need at least one of these to fall tonight. Howe's 'awful feeling' pre-Test bearing fruit thus far.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Bresnan really has bowled pretty well today, all things considered.

Going back to the 2nd new ball, perhaps I'd take it with about 4 overs to go. Nothing to be lost, it'll still be almost pristine when the bowlers are fresh tomorrow and we might get lucky. Even at this end of the day, it shouldn't be beyond our opening quicks to send down a couple each.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Australia have found a decent middle order bat in Steve Smith. Should be ideally batting at 6, was surprised to see him come in before Warner but this will do nicely.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
This is probably the first day Australia have simply outplayed us. We haven't produced anything to trouble them really, although if that decision had gone our way in session 2 we could have made something out of it.

TBH, though, it was a very good toss to win.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Need two wickets with the new ball, that makes it an even day. Anything less its Aussie day comfortably. If these two get through it then Australia on course for 500+.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Ah well, Cook seems to agree with Maximas.

And Smith seems to agree with me.

I'd love to be wrong, but I think we'll only see the new ball have a load of the shine taken off tonight it for no discernible gain.

EDIT
Ditto Clarke

Last edited: