• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Shanghai pays a bucketload of money and the ATP want to penetrate the Chinese market. That ain't going anywhere. I think the players are big fans too. I mean they dropped Hamburg and made Shanghai a Masters event (in order to give London the finals) so they obviously want Shanghai.

I agree that Madrid could probably go. Especially if the players hate the blue clay lol.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah used to be in Shanghai. Only changed it to London a few years back.

They need to sort out the calendar. When Murray and Novak, two of the best four players in the world, are either cbf or too fatigued to properly challenge for the World Tour Finals in London, there is an issue.

I'm a tennis tragic so would not want to see a Masters 1000 fall by the wayside, but I think one of them has to go. The Paris Masters generally is the one players give a **** about the least because it's so close to the World Tour finals, but at the same time its one of the more unique tournaments since the courts are super fast. So I wouldn't exactly want to see that go.
It's been an on-going debate for years now but the players really need/deserve some sort of off-season to recharge and/or undertake pre-season conditioning.

Ridiculous that players go almost straight from the US Open to the Davis Cup and on to a series of important Masters tourneys and then the Aussie Open starts early in the new year

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ironically I think there is less of a gap now between the Paris Masters and London World Tour Finals than in previous years.

Almost as if they are deliberately going against what the players want.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Is there a reason why he could be bothered to do that?

I mean, what benefit to him would there be in doing so? Would it mean a better draw at the Olympics if he did so or something?
I don't think he would do it. I saw it brought up in a couple of places and was wondering if it was possible. After the Olympics he has a bunch of points to defend.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rankings have been released after Wimbledon.

Matt retains his #1 ranking, and Meyer continues his slide post clay court season.

vcs

Minding her own business? She's a tennis commentator.

It's hardly the worst comment in the world. She's not saying he'll never win a tournament or a Slam. She's saying he'll never win enough tournaments to be #1 in the world.

Not exactly a groundbreaking observation. I don't think he'll ever be #1 in the world again too. I don't see how that's such a negative thing to say.
I think he will regain the No.1 at some point, if only very temporarily. It will be tough, but Federer always gives himself a chance, still reaches plenty of semifinals/finals and I can see him playing upto 33 at least. Only needs a short slump from Nadal and Djokovic.
Well not enough compared to the amount Rafa and Novak play. Especially Novak.
Let's have a long-term bet.
Okay. What's the stake?
I don't know, you having a Federer avatar or me a Nadal one for say, six months, suits me fine.
Yeah that's fine. So I guess you lose if Federer retires without ever hitting #1 again?
You should change your avatar now I reckon. Because Fed ain't getting back to #1.
Federer to creep up and sweep the big ones while Rafa and Novak wear each other out, a la 2009. :cool:

Seriously, I'm not writing Federer off again. Ever.
Yo Jono, we have an avatar bet to settle. :)

This seems a suitably cruel picture. :)

Spikey

wonder how much jono has been dreading being reminded of that bet over the past couple of weeks

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
wonder how much jono has been dreading being reminded of that bet over the past couple of weeks
Dead set forgot about it. Would have definitely brought it up on my own if I remembered. Hell I had Shaun Tait in my avatar for ages when I made a bet against myself re: World Cup 2007.

Anyway, well played vcs. Avatar changed.

You're dead to me as a mate though just fyi.

Edit: Fed barely viewable, just looks like some ugly chick with perfume. Not so bad.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also I'm pretty relieved not to have Karmichael Hunt in my avatar ftr. Thanking the Lord Benchy didn't get into vcs' ear before I made the avatar change.

Thank ****.

benchmark00

Also I'm pretty relieved not to have Karmichael Hunt in my avatar ftr. Thanking the Lord Benchy didn't get into vcs' ear before I made the avatar change.

Thank ****.
Mods to change my username to this.

Fed looks like Amelie Mauresmo in your avatar.