• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nadal about to do the biggest choke I've ever seen.

Double break up at 5-2 against ****ing Fernando Verdasco in the 3rd and deciding set, and now he's down 5-6 and 0-30. :dry:

Not sure he can claw his way out of this.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You'd honestly have to see it to believe it. It was disgusting.

Immense from Nando though. Usually he'd have given up.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Quick, change RG to a blue court. Flag that, let's have multiple coloured clay courts. Seriously though, did not see that coming. Neither did Nadal evidently.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haven't had a chance to check, has he blamed the court yet in his post-match presser?

Nole cracked the ****s after his first match. Can imagine even Rafa having a whinge. He's always hated how Madrid never made court surfaces that suit him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Knew it. Not as bad as I thought though. Nevertheless still pathetic. And everyone knows I'm a huge Rafa fan. Have had cracks at Fed for post-loss whinging, and will do the same with Rafa.

Rafa should have said this after he beat Davydenko. Nole went nuts at the courts but he did it after a win.

The courts are **** though. Particularly centre court.

Good on Madrid for trying something different but ffs at least allow the players to be able to change direction.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah that's not too different to what he said pre-tournament. Same stuff that Nole, Murray and Fed were saying.

He never said he'd boycott. In fact he says specifically "just hope they change it next year", suggesting he'd be back.

Must be remembered he'd be boycotting a Spanish tournament.

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Nah that's not too different to what he said pre-tournament. Same stuff that Nole, Murray and Fed were saying.

He never said he'd boycott. In fact he says specifically "just hope they change it next year", suggesting he'd be back.

Must be remembered he'd be boycotting a Spanish tournament.
ok you mean why didn't he boycott the tournament immediately after winning the davydenko match? i guess there is a small amount of hypocrisy there...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Apparently Uncle Tony told him to not play the tournament this year. I guess it would have given him better preparation for Rome rather than play on a surface that will not be replicated at all for the rest of the year ( the way it plays, not colour).

Again though, so huge to boycott your own country's biggest tennis tournament.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
God Verdsaco you are a ****ing ****.

Just knew he'd get absolutely annihilated by Berdych. Let down performance was always on.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He definitely tanked that, and I predicted it with a mate. Whenever he plays a Serb a tank is always on and he didn't want to be there either.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently Uncle Tony told him to not play the tournament this year. I guess it would have given him better preparation for Rome rather than play on a surface that will not be replicated at all for the rest of the year ( the way it plays, not colour).

Again though, so huge to boycott your own country's biggest tennis tournament.
Is that you Jim?