• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Thanks to Molik's win just there my Aus Open winnings have just crept over $200. Cheers Alicia :D Now if Berdych can win in straight sets which looks likely it'll get even better.

That makes up for the horrid ATP Masters Paris I had last year.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thanks to Molik's win just there my Aus Open winnings have just crept over $200. Cheers Alicia :D Now if Berdych can win in straight sets which looks likely it'll get even better.

That makes up for the horrid ATP Masters Paris I had last year.
all well and good for you, but Sania Mirza has pretty much just cost me a good multi...

Still alive with my ATP one for today...

Simon

Ana Ivanovic had a good win just before, struggled in the 2nd set but the young girl she was playing seems to be one to look out for...

Nalbandian is about to play Lapentti too, this is a real danger match for him and i would be surprised if he retires from the match if hes losing, its a real Nalbandian type thing to do...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I put a fair bit of money on Ivanovic after she lost the second set. Whilst I reckon she's a very good player, I think she gets far too impatient and frustrated and she really gave me a scare in that set even though she took it easily on the scoreboard. Looks for the big shot everytime and against players like Clijsters, Mauresmo, Petrova and Kuznetsova you really can't just go all guns blazing. Hope she has a plan B if she comes up against a top 5 player.

Simon

I put a fair bit of money on Ivanovic after she lost the second set. Whilst I reckon she's a very good player, I think she gets far too impatient and frustrated and she really gave me a scare in that set even though she took it easily on the scoreboard. Looks for the big shot everytime and against players like Clijsters, Mauresmo, Petrova and Kuznetsova you really can't just go all guns blazing. Hope she has a plan B if she comes up against a top 5 player.
i wouldnt play down her opponent, she played a very solid match, Ana lifted when she needed to...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fair point, some of her shots were bloody good. I shudder to think what would have happened had she won that break point when the score was 5-3 in the 4th.

Incidentally Hewitt lost the 3rd set, and the 4th is on serve. I reckon the last thing Hewitt needed was another long match, even if he's short on match practice. Mind you this Dancevic has played a good match so far.

Simon

Fair point, some of her shots were bloody good. I shudder to think what would have happened had she won that break point when the score was 5-3 in the 4th.

Incidentally Hewitt lost the 3rd set, and the 4th is on serve. I reckon the last thing Hewitt needed was another long match, even if he's short on match practice. Mind you this Dancevic has played a good match so far.
Hewitt doesnt win in 3, doesnt like to do things that easy.
Im watching Lapentti and Nalbandian at the moment and occasionally flicking to Rochus and Grosjean, Hewitt just doesnt inspire me...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lapentti must be spewing. Had 2 break points, Nalbandian served the ball and a dickhead in the crowd yelled out 'FAULT' Lapentii stopped playing the point when he returned the ball, but it was clearly not a fault and Nalbandian continued playing and won it. Lapentti not happy at all.

And now Nalbandian a break up.

Regarding the Hewitt match, if I have to hear "Super Super Lleyton Hewitt" again I'm gonna pull my hair out :mad:

Simon

Lapentti must be spewing. Had 2 break points, Nalbandian served the ball and a dickhead in the crowd yelled out 'FAULT' Lapentii stopped playing the point when he returned the ball, but it was clearly not a fault and Nalbandian continued playing and won it. Lapentti not happy at all.
Turning point of the match. Lapentti is horrible now anyway, thats the first time ive seen him play in around 4 years and he really is a shocker. Cant get a first serve in when he needs it, forehand falls apart if he needs to hit three shots off that side in a row, even though it was only a 4,4 and 4 loss i havent seen a more inept performance from a top 100 player since davide sanguinetti was making the main draw of grand slams...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
What a match Safin-Federer was in 2005. The excitement was amazing on cw as well.

/nostalgia mode off.

Last edited:

Simon

Haas through to the 3rd round with one of the most impressive displays by anyone in the tournament so far. only dropped a dozen points on serve and only 9 unforced errors in the whole match, 75% of first serves in too. That kid he played served the house down in the first set but he couldnt stay with haas. great win...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What a come back from Serena Williams against Petrova.

She's done it again. She pulled a miraculous win back in the 2003 semis when she won the Aus Open, the 2005 semis when she won the Open and she looked dead at 3-5 down in the second.

Serena vs. Jankovic could be huge.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Roddick and Safin 1 set a piece, 2-2 in the third. This could go either way atm, but Safin fell and seems to have grazed his hand pretty badly.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Argh, Safin couldn't afford to be broken then. A bit of luck for Roddick but he played that game well, and will now serve for the 3rd set :(