• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neither of Federer, Djokovic or Nadal have broken a sweat so far (Goffin playing some great tennis in that third set notwithstanding).

Thiem, Tsitsipas and Zverev have been stretched on a couple of occasions. Osaka out on the women's side.

Niall

International Coach
Men's side been a drag the first week, some close matches but everyone through who you would expect. Ladies a little more interesting, Bertens gone early and yeah Osaka imploded today.

vcs

Federer's done nicely to get to the QFs without dropping a set. I really want to see him play Rafa here one last time, though he'll lose.

vcs

Tsitsipas or Wawrinka would both be tough opponents, obviously. Hopefully it's a long, gruelling five-setter.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Assuming Djokovic wins tomorrow there’ll be four previous winners in the Men’s Last 8. I can’t be bothered to look it up, but it must a long time since there’s been that many at the French.

vcs

Even with DelPo losing to Khachanov and Tsitsipas to Wawrinka, men's side is so predictable. 6/8 seeds making it to the quarters. And you just know it will be Nadal vs. Djokovic in the final.

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Andy Murray playing the doubles at Queens. At 32 he really shouldn't be able to come back to the top of the men's game irrespective of his injuries. But given how weak the tour is aside from the top 3 he might just be able to.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
If Tsitsipas, Zverev and Khachanov had gone out early people would've been using it as evidence the young generation are ****. I'd probably rather predictability than that.

vcs

TBF, that's true. Tsitsipas has stepped up quite a bit recently and Thiem is always good on clay. Zverev seems to at least make the 2nd week at Slams nowadays,though he needs to start dispatching his early round opponents in quicker time if he wants to progress any further.

I guess I just want them to start beating Nadal and Djokovic at the Majors and somehow lose to Fed. :laugh:

vcs

Haha looking at the way Nadal is steamrolling Nishikori it's probably for the best. :D

vcs

Goes through anyway. :D

Beating at the hands of Nadal awaits, but.. I've got to remind myself that him getting this far on clay at 38 is a massive unexpected bonus. Will be glad if he avoids a straight sets loss.