• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Turning out to be quite a good game, Nadal broken again. But looks a bit ominous weather wise. They are going to the waiting room whilst the rain passes.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nadal wrested back the momentum after the first rain break.. and he's unlikely to let go of it now. Diego's efforts for the first set and a half were admirable but the long 5 setter he played against Anderson will probably catch up with him tomorrow. Predicting 2 quick sets for Rafa.

vcs

I like both Halep and Muguruza, not sure who I'd prefer to win. Would be nice if Halep finally managed to break her Grand Slam duck here though.

vcs

Hopefully Halep wins it now. 4th Grand Slam final, will be heartbreaking for her if she loses this one again.

vcs

Halep has no excuses if she loses to the winner of this match TBH.

I like Sloane a lot but she's just keeping the ball in play and letting Keys self-destruct.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Nadal vs Thiem probably the best possible clay final for now, Zverev might have more masters but Thiem has done it twice against Nadal on clay now. I thought Diego was a bit short-changed with that rain break as he did have the momentum on his side, but Nadal would probably have scrapped through anyway.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Hoping to catch some of the final tomorrow.... will be out early afternoon at a bbq but it finishes at 4 so may catch a set or two :)
Nadal likely the winner but you never know..

vcs

Well done Halep for finally winning a Slam.

Sloane's rise over the past year has been brilliant, I'm really impressed by how smooth and effortless her movement is. Also a player for the big tournaments. She should have lots of success ahead of her.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
first time winners over the past three slams...also stephens has the talent but her attitude has been and continues to be suspect...once she was broken in the 3rd and halep consolidated the break...she tanked the rest of the way...i mean you are in a major final, need to show some fight, all due respect to halep but she is not some insurmountable obstacle like say a serena williams in full flow...

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
How exciting
Dire Slam from a male pov. The fact is we have had zero good male slams since Australia 2017 which was gun. Processions since then and very few break out performances. Before someone says Thiem....he was the second fav for this and got walloped by the fav. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.