• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 Tri-Series in NZ (NZ, Pakistan, Bangladesh)

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Pakistani bowling won it for them I reckon. Don't know why Pak posters don't rate their bowling? Even without Shaheen they are better than most T20 attacks we see.
Rauf is literally Best T20 bowler based on current form.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
When Sodhi came on to bowl that last over I really thought about posting something like, "Not sure this is a good idea, I'd be tempted to bowl Jimmy here." I really regret not doing that now. :laugh:

ataraxia

International Coach
Sodhi has the 5th most T20I wickets despite only briefly being solid in his spot (when he was ICC no. 1 bowler). He's still only 29, somehow; with NZ's T20I proliferation and old spinners playing well he could end up with a stupid number of wickets, which'd be quite funny.

But yeah him playing this T20 WC should only occur at the notably spinny SCG.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good win so I can't complain too much. Middle order doing the job is an excellent development as is (3) getting it done against a quality pace attack. Surely Rauf is legitimately the best death bowler in the world right now.

I still worry how they'll do in 200 v 200 run fests and on bouncy decks.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Good win so I can't complain too much. Middle order doing the job is an excellent development as is (3) getting it done against a quality pace attack. Surely Rauf is legitimately the best death bowler in the world right now.

I still worry how they'll do in 200 v 200 run fests and on bouncy decks.
Pakistan is unlikely to concede 200+ that too in a WC. Concerns will be when Teams post 180+ in a WC.
If Pak pacers had a bad day their spinners are equally capable of restricting sides to a par total.
Only issue is what happens if Pak bats first?

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pakistan is unlikely to concede 200+ that too in a WC. Concerns will be when Teams post 180+ in a WC.
If Pak pacers had a bad day their spinners are equally capable of restricting sides to a par total.
Only issue is what happens if Pak bats first?
They can reliably get to 85-1 in the first innings. So far the issue has been scoring less in the second half batting first instead of capitalising on the good start. That's a good launching pad for 180ish or even more if there's a Chris Jordan in the attack.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
A rare NZ series I barely followed let alone watched. Good warm up for the WC, Pakistan clearly a quality side but being upstaged by them at home probably tells you NZ aren’t quite up there as a T20 side. Battin actually made some positive strides, most of them contributed and KW finally came good. Chapman showed he’s a pretty good replacement for Mitchell if needed.

The bowling’s more of a worry - need pace and wristspin in Australia, Ferguson and Milne have major question marks on their fitness, while Sodhi is just too unreliable.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Looks like NZ had a miserable warm up against the Saffers, though shouldn’t read much into it I suppose. Pretty much undone by spin by the looks of it. I guess Lockie and Milne getting some overs under the belt is a good thing.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Pakistan to win the WC imo
Yeah I'm in for this tbh. I think their brand of "consistently score 160 and have good bowlers" works less well in Aus and they also forget how to catch in knockouts... but I think they have the best all-round team despite that.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Yeah I'm in for this tbh. I think their brand of "consistently score 160 and have good bowlers" works less well in Aus and they also forget how to catch in knockouts... but I think they have the best all-round team despite that.
DAWTA.
The middle order is so village if Babar/Rizwan or even either one have a lean time this batting line up will struggle to go past 140 on most occasions with couple of sub 100 scores a real possibility.

I think Fakhar Zaman form along with Shadab/Nawaz contribution with the bat will be a very critical factor in deciding Pakistan threat in this tournament.

smash84

The Tiger King
Best All round side with the worst fielding in the world.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I think all of GP’s CPL experience served him well last night. That was a weird sponge wicket with turn and variable bounce. Immense innings.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I think all of GP’s CPL experience served him well last night. That was a weird sponge wicket with turn and variable bounce. Immense innings.
Yeah I remember thinking that the innings he played last night resembled a few CPL innings ide seen him play in the 2019-2020 CPL period were be had to dig in early on a spinners wicket and go big after 50(40)~~