• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of South Africa 2019

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What pace has Nortje been bowling (in terms of km/h)? I didn't know much about the guy so I looked him up and he reminds me a lot of Pattinson (except he's actually fit).

SeamUp

International Coach
What pace has Nortje been bowling (in terms of km/h)? I didn't know much about the guy so I looked him up and he reminds me a lot of Pattinson (except he's actually fit).
Been about 143-145 with top speed 147. Can get to 150

That isn't a bad shout. Broad shoulders and almost looks like they slam down on delivery.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Been about 143-145 with top speed 147. Can get to 150

That isn't a bad shout. Broad shoulders and almost looks like they slam down on delivery.
I first saw Nortje a while back, thought he had a a little bit of Patto about him even then, to be honest that is part of the reason why I rate him so highly

SeamUp

International Coach
Aaaah my favourite Dwaine Hulk Pretorius. Still in the squad despite being hammered domestically.

SeamUp

International Coach
Unfortunately I think its just a bit late for him with Tahir and Shamsi already in the squad....
Clears the ropes, excellent in the field and a few elite batsmen in the world seem to struggle most against slow left-arm spin.

I do agree, it will be one monumental effort for him to get in but Shamsi hasn't nailed a spot through performance and so hasn't Mulder/Pretorius.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Clears the ropes, excellent in the field and a few elite batsmen in the world seem to struggle most against slow left-arm spin.

I do agree, it will be one monumental effort for him to get in but Shamsi hasn't nailed a spot through performance and so hasn't Mulder/Pretorius.
I agree regards Shamsi. Linde could be a Duminy replacement/role? Would be a very left of field pick. I am actually a big fan of 2 spin bowling options in the team in LO cricket.

SeamUp

International Coach
Tahir has been at his best v Sri Lanka. Always our trump card in limited overs against them. Don't see 10 3-26 in ODI cricket often anymore.

SeamUp

International Coach
Rabada needs 1 more wicket for 100 in ODIs for SA - will he be able to get to Polly's 387 ? Looks unlikely with modern resting and no more triangulars :D

Dendarii

International Debutant
Tahir has been at his best v Sri Lanka. Always our trump card in limited overs against them. Don't see 10 3-26 in ODI cricket often anymore.
His retirement (which would imagine will happen after the World Cup) is going to be a big loss. He's been such a key player for us over the years - how many times, like today, has he been the one to peg back the opposition after they've got off to a flyer, enabling us to restrict them to a lower score than would have expected in the early stages?

SeamUp

International Coach
His retirement (which would imagine will happen after the World Cup) is going to be a big loss. He's been such a key player for us over the years - how many times, like today, has he been the one to peg back the opposition after they've got off to a flyer, enabling us to restrict them to a lower score than would have expected in the early stages?
Definitely. He may not be as good against India, Australia, England but at least he has good days against them and mastered the rest. Will be tough to replace.

Faf at 3 clearly what he has wanted for a while. Remember an awkward question he got about Rassie's form but he wants that number 3 role.

It may end up Reeza or Aiden tto open for WC with Reeza in control of position to start with.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Good start by the Uitenhague bomber. Despite the boundary from a good hook shot he was through them once or twice for speed.
Was just having a laugh. The last player from Uitenhague to play for SA. The place of my birth but spent a very short time there before my family moved back to Cape Town.

SeamUp

International Coach
I'm happy with Faf in at 3 as he gets going from the start which I don't think Rassie can do and can play match winning innings. Thinking back to some sensational hundreds v Australia.