• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official*** Sri Lanka tour of Bangladesh,Mar 2024 #NaaginDerby

Himannv

International Coach
Jayasuriya changed ends from the looks of it. I'd have given Kamindu a longer spell there and maybe he can bowl with his left if they need the variety.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I know our team is getting a lot of criticism from media (inside and outside bd), fans and social platforms. I am not disputing those because mostly are justified. But lets look at the facts.

In last series against NZ @ home, we won the first test. Yes it was spinning track and we took the home advantage. We ran them close in the second test as well but Glenn phillips performed with both bat and bowl to take kiwis to victory. It was pretty good series for us. The squad was more or less the same except that Mushfiq was available.

In this series against SL, it was green top in Sylhet. We had them five down by lunch in the first session and a drop from the bat of Kamindu Mendis. Then he went on to make a century with DDS. We could not come back afterwards. In the second innings we got five wickets again pretty quickly (within 110 runs or so iirc) and again DDS and Mendis piled on the runs. So extremely good bowling sessions in patches in the first test. Batting wise Mominul stood up with unbeaten 80 odd lastly.

In the second test we let them score 500+ with 7 drop catches and mostly in the slips. I don't think its a 500 run pitch rather its more 300-325 pitch. In the second innings, we got six wickets under hundred runs in the last session. So basically its three times that we had five wickets for hundred runs or so in four innings.

Mostly our batting and slip catching let us down. Full credit to SL and the way they approached the series esp Mendis, DDS, Kumara, Rajitha (first test) and fernandos.

Everything is not lost for us. We could not cash the moments. I would not bash them the way they are now being treated in some medias. They are absolutely blasting the team. I think they deserve the criticism but not the abusive content.

Himannv

International Coach
The quicks bowled well for most part although I think they could have been a little more consistent. I feel they're not as effective when the batsmen go after them a bit - they try to change it up instead of just hitting their planned lengths. Lahiru Kumara looked really good in short bursts and his back-of-a-length stuff was very effective - hope he keeps it up.

Kamindu Mendis was probably the find of the series and he scored critical runs for us in 3 out of the 4 innings he played. His ambidextrous bowling was underused in my view, but he also needs a bit more control. DDS and a few others all contributed as well at different points in the series and it's something they can build on in this format. Prabath Jayasuriya looks like he's developing into a useful number 8 in addition to being the main spinner in the side.

Would be nice to play one more series before the World Cup since I'm not as convinced by our form in limited overs, but I'm happy enough with the scheduling.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well done SL on a comprehensive series win. Not all bad news for Bangladesh though as the 2 young pacers they gave debuts too look decent and could form a new ball attack they can make use of over the coming years if they stay fit.

As for SL they have their own Harry Brook in Kamindu Mendis who had an amazing series and looked so good doing it. One to keep an eye on in future.

Himannv

International Coach
I really doubt it was meant as an insult, but if it was, that was far too subtle.

Also why is Hardik hash tagged in that?