• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official ** Sri Lanka in New Zealand tour

Blaze

Banned
JASON said:
Black Caps on top at 4/210 . The bigger the lead the quicker the finish to this game !!
(* looks to the heavens and prays for Rain over Wellington soon* ) :laugh: :laugh:

Sri Lanka are still a big chance to draw it IMO

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
psxpro said:
well played lou vincent , playing another valuable innings. He is truly a good middle order batsman. I know a lot of people don't rate him at all but as long as he doesn't open he is a very good batsman imo.
* very inconsistent batsman. An average batsman at best I'd say. Certain not a "truly good middle order batsman". He averages about 30 there.

158 runs in his first 2 innings @ 79.00
407 in his next 19 @ 22.61
173 in his next 2 @ 82.50
228 runs in his last 12 @ 19.00

Now he's 79 not out and we await to see how he follows it up.

psxpro

Banned
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
* very inconsistent batsman. An average batsman at best I'd say. Certain not a "truly good middle order batsman". He averages about 30 there.

I mean I think he has the potential, he has already started getting much more consistant at domestic level.
Since his comeback series vs aussie I don't know his average but I think he has done very well under the circumstances. He also has the ability to play either an agressive innings or play more conservatively.

psxpro

Banned
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

MXyzptlk, note that he was a opener only until recently at test level. I think he is much more suited to being a middle order batsman.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
psxpro said:
MXyzptlk, note that he was a opener only until recently at test level. I think he is much more suited to being a middle order batsman.
He averages 27podd opening and 28podd overall before the current innings. That doesn't suggest too much of a difference.

psxpro

Banned
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
He averages 27podd opening and 28podd overall before the current innings. That doesn't suggest too much of a difference.

He hasn't played much in the middle order at all though and one of the only series he has played there was vs australia just recently where he didn't set the world on fire but he did quite well and looked confortable most of the time.

Blaze

Banned
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

He does look a much better player now.. a lot more comfortable also in the middle order.

Blaze

Banned
JASON said:
Sorry Mate, very busy at work this afternoon . Unable to even touch the damn PC for a breather to even read the posts !! :D :D

I know what the one-eyed kiwis are thinkin
g (and you know who they are, Mate- certainly not you :p ) - that I have bolted off when SL not doing too well. But honestly I was busy at work.

Anyway Congratulations to NZ . Brilliant bowling by Martin. Answered all his critics.

To me NZ has already seized the initiative in this Test. SL have a real uphill battle to save this.

I would not be surprised if this Test finishes by Day 3 or 4. (particularly if NZ build a solid lead )

I presume you mean me. Why don't you name names?

Blaze

Banned
zinzan12 said:
haven't heard much from Chaminda in this thread since the 2nd test has been on

I know.. not surprising really. At least us kiwis continued to post throughout the AUS tour despite our side getting pumelled every game

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Good bowling performance by the Vaas, to bad he had no support, oh well. Well batted by Fleming and Vincent they put NZ in really good position. I still think we are in this game but only barely. Get them out for under 350 and get a big second innings total, very dispointing batting in the first innings. Still three days left and a lot can happen in those three days.

Do any of you guys know when the Sri Lanka/India One Day Series series is one and what the chances of Zoysa and Murali being fit, i know Dilhara likely to be fit after playing for Sri Lanka A aganist Pakistan A.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
I know.. not surprising really. At least us kiwis continued to post throughout the AUS tour despite our side getting pumelled every game
We all don't live on the computer and it hard to get on when you have assignments coming left, right and centre

Blaze

Banned
chaminda_00 said:
Good bowling performance by the Vaas, to bad he had no support, oh well. Well batted by Fleming and Asrle they put NZ in really good position. I still think we are in this game but only barely. Get them out for under 350 and get a big second innings total, very dispointing batting in the first innings. Still three days left and a lot can happen in those three days.

Do any of you guys know when the Sri Lanka/India One Day Series series is one and what the chances of Zoysa and Murali being fit, i know Dilhara likely to be fit after playing for Sri Lanka A aganist Pakistan A.

Astle didn't bat thaaaaaat well..compared to the others.

psxpro

Banned
chaminda_00 said:
Good bowling performance by the Vaas, to bad he had no support, oh well. Well batted by Fleming and Asrle they put NZ in really good position. I still think we are in this game but only barely. Get them out for under 350 and get a big second innings total, very dispointing batting in the first innings. Still three days left and a lot can happen in those three days.
I think you mean vincent, not astle :D. Astle got a duck.

I also think srilanka are still in this game. I am still fearing a 2nd innings collapse from NZ if srilanka put up a decent target. Although to be fair we haven't really batted in the 4th innings during our slump at all, maybe we will be better if we know what we have to exactly get to win.

Who knows.

Stupid fog ended the day early. play will start half an hour earlier tommorow.
Interestingly poised match I reckon.

Blaze

Banned
psxpro said:
I think you mean vincent, not astle :D. Astle got a duck.

I also think srilanka are still in this game. I am still fearing a 2nd innings collapse from NZ if srilanka put up a decent target. Although to be fair we haven't really batted in the 4th innings during our slump at all, maybe we will be better if we know what we have to exactly get to win.

Who knows.

Stupid fog ended the day early. play will start half an hour earlier tommorow.
Interestingly poised match I reckon.

Not a cloud in the sky where I live.. about half an hour away from basin.

Sri Lanka are still in the game big time..