• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official ** Sri Lanka in New Zealand tour

chipmonk

U19 Debutant
zinzan12 said:
Martin has been outstanding, but the others have been disappointing. I'm getting sick of Franklin's drooped shoulders and inconsistent line and length.

The support seamers have to compliment Martin here and keep their disclipline and neither Franklin or Mills have made a good start.

Martin is actually getting some good pace, he's consistently between 139-143 kms and getting nice swing and seam.

16.6 Martin to Dilshan, no run, leaves a ball that swings back in
dramatically

I would Say above all far the Pitch Has been Outstanding so far ! :p :p

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
chipmonk said:
16.6 Martin to Dilshan, no run, leaves a ball that swings back in
dramatically

I would Say above all far the Pitch Has been Outstanding so far ! :p :p

Yes pitch is bowler friendly, but you've still got to get the ball in the right channels which Martin is doing much more than Franklin and Mills

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
It's as though Franklin comes out at the start of each innings, not mentally prepared. In the previous tests he bowled poorly with the new ball then got his rhythm back in time for the second new ball. It's a shame because he's definitely got the talent.

He obviously needs to work on his pre-match plan. You would think Bracewell might have identified this as the coach, but then again he isn't a very good one.

Zinzan

Will Scarlet said:
It's as though Franklin comes out at the start of each innings, not mentally prepared. In the previous tests he bowled poorly with the new ball then got his rhythm back in time for the second new ball. It's a shame because he's definitely got the talent.

He obviously needs to work on his pre-match plan. You would think Bracewell might have identified this as the coach, but then again he isn't a very good one.
Yes too many no balls as well. Perhaps They should have Franklin bowling 4 or 5 overs in the nets before he opens up each time.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
"Martin has been outstanding, but the others have been disappointing. I'm getting sick of Franklin's drooped shoulders and inconsistent line and length"

He's like a child. A petty little child. Every time he walks back to his mark, it's like he kicks the ground cause his little leggies are so sad about that last over. **** boy grow up. Not everything is given on a plate.

****es me off so badly. Ambarassing when players like aussie see him like that.

Zinzan

JASON said:
Amazing bowling performance by Martin . 5/26 must be some sort of record - 5 wickets before lunch ! :clapping: :clapping:
Yes since the Australia series Martin has quickly brought his test bowling average down from 39 to 35.

Amazing what different opposition and conditions do and add to that a bit of luck. Martin couldn't buy a wicket in the australian series

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
zinzan12 said:
Yes since the Australia series Martin has quickly brought his test bowling average down from 39 to 35.

Amazing what different opposition and conditions do and add to that a bit of luck. Martin couldn't buy a wicket in the australian series
Fair enough. Aussies are too good. This batting line up is nowhere near that level. :)

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
zinzan12 said:

He was really poor in the England series too.

Zinzan

SpaceMonkey said:
He was really poor in the England series too.
Yes they were good bowling conditions as well. England batsmen played him well though, they are very good on seaming conditions.

Zinzan

Whatz happened to Fleming's slip catching in recent times??

Two years ago I would have rated him as one of the best I'd ever seen at first slip. But the last couple of years, he's been very mediocre

shaka

International Regular
i think it is because he has bowled a fair few overs over the last month or so, therefore is bowling much better. He is reaping the rewards of his poor bowling against Australia, he did have a few.