• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What a revolting shot from Asalanka. No idea what he was trying to do there. Even if he executed it perfectly - which he pretty much did - he was out for sure.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Commentators waxing lyrical about how great it is for SL to have DDS justify a spot on both batting and bowling.

He averages 26 with the bat and 38 with the ball. Not a small sample size either. I've always liked him as a player but he sucks in ODIs.

Flem274*

123/5
I don't understand how clearly talented players who have a test series win in SA suck so much against our bounce and movement.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
What happened to avishka Fernando? Swear he was a good ODI opener. Him+nissanka opening and asalanka in the middle order +chamika karunarantna at 7/8 is a decent foundation to build an ODI side on coming into the 2027 WC.

Binkley

U19 Captain
Jeez Matt Henry bowled well. Through the innings I kept thinking that maybe poor batting was flattering him, but then someone else would come on to bowl and suddenly the batsmen would look so much more comfortable. Shipley also looked the goods again.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeeeeaaaahhhhh… hate to say it but on the basis of these past couple of games it’s hard to argue that Sri Lanka deserve automatic WC qualification any more than Ireland or the Netherlands do.