• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in India

adharcric

International Coach
There's been so much talk about Ganguly's exclusion from the squad, but I think there is a much more disturbing issue right now: Why is Ajit Agarkar getting so many chances?

His career test average is 47, he only picked two wickets in the series thus far, he can't bat anymore ... why is Agarkar still being played. First of all, Zaheer should be in, but if he's not maybe it's because of fitness. But we have RP Singh sitting on the sidelines, and he has shown that he is a dangerous, fiery bowler with a much better chance at reaching his 'potential' than Agarkar. Plus, RP is young and I don't see how Agarkar brings any special experience-factor ... we've got Sachin, Laxman, Dravid & Kumble for that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He was obviously selected in this series based on his ODI form, but I agree with you. I hope RP Singh or Zaheer play the first test against Pakistan.

*cue AA getting a 10-for* :p

adharcric

International Coach
Pratyush said:
Oh Jaffer, you need to score in the next match. :)
Oh Pratyush, that 'next match' might just be against Pakistan! Jaffer will basically debut against Shoaib and co., if this happens. Gambhir century is needed in the 2nd innings.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
adharcric said:
Oh Pratyush, that 'next match' might just be against Pakistan! Jaffer will basically debut against Shoaib and co., if this happens. Gambhir century is needed in the 2nd innings.
Oh Adharic Jaffer has already made his debut and wasnt a success in that run of his.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
adharcric said:
its pretty much a new beginning for jaffer
Yes and what better way to delight Jaffer fans than to score runs versus Pakistan on a return. Trial by fire!

Also what proof is there that Gambhir will succeed in Pakistan and Jaffer wont. It will be a test for either of them - whoever gets the chance.

As a Jaffer fan I would be delighted whenever Jaffer gets another run.

adharcric

International Coach
Pratyush said:
Yes and what better way to delight Jaffer fans than to score runs versus Pakistan on a return. Trial by fire!

Also what proof is there that Gambhir will succeed in Pakistan and Jaffer wont. It will be a test for either of them - whoever gets the chance.

As a Jaffer fan I would be delighted whenever Jaffer gets another run.
As an India fan and both a Gambhir and a Jaffer fan, I would be delighted if whichever of them plays beats the living hell out of Shoaib and co.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
dinu23 said:
SL on top at the moment.
Not sure about that, given the pitch turning already in the second session of Day 1.

Indian spinners will be able to get as much turn if not more, and SL batting last.

My prediction India still to win in a low scoring game ! :D

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I'd say he's probably been marginally on top of Sachin this series. We know he targeted Sachin before the series, and whilst Tendulkar did get a ton, Murali has scalped him 3 times.

Sachin out LBW often in this series too. Hopefully he can rectify that in the 2nd innings.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
India finish Day 1 still on top at 6/247 . VVS deserves a great deal of credit for staying there till the end and on the verge of a well deserved century with Pathan again a solid contribution with the bat unbeaten on 39.