• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in England

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lanka struggling to dismiss the weakest Team in county cricket. 219 in April is a pretty good score . The lankans are going to struggle big time against England A and England in the tests going by the last 2 games , uless they improve vastly in the next 10 days.

dinu23

International Debutant
SpaceMonkey said:
You clearly do not have a clue Jason ;)
what do u mean?
and Jason I thought the bowlers did well except for the amount of no balls. I think we can give a good fight against Eng A.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
dinu23 said:
what do u mean?
and Jason I thought the bowlers did well except for the amount of no balls. I think we can give a good fight against Eng A.
Derbyshire is one of the weakest counties in county cricket and are constantly the wooden spoonists . If they can manage 219 against a Test Team , then that means they are competing on equal footing with this team because it is a par score at this time of the year IMO.

So we really must bat far better than Derbyshire and our bowlers must show better signs of restricting this weak team under a lower score than this. Otherwise against a quality England batting line up our bowling will struggle, IMO.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
JASON said:
Derbyshire is one of the weakest counties in county cricket and are constantly the wooden spoonists . If they can manage 219 against a Test Team , then that means they are competing on equal footing with this team because it is a par score at this time of the year IMO.
Suggest you look at the rest of the scores this round of matches then.

219 is not anything like a par score.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, you Derbyshire-knocking idiots (;)), remember our mighty lads bossed the game against HRH Surrey last week until Rikki Clarke brought some sanity to proceedings.

Derby in April? I genuinely feel sorry for Sri Lanka. It's too cold for me to even consider going to the game - and I'm hard.

dinu23

International Debutant
luckyeddie said:
Well, you Derbyshire-knocking idiots (;)), remember our mighty lads bossed the game against HRH Surrey last week until Rikki Clarke brought some sanity to proceedings.

Derby in April? I genuinely feel sorry for Sri Lanka. It's too cold for me to even consider going to the game - and I'm hard.
what's the avg. temperature like during the day?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Suggest you look at the rest of the scores this round of matches then.

219 is not anything like a par score.
In the context of this game you could say 219 is above par based on SL's first innings pathetic score. :)

sideshowtim

Banned
JASON said:
Sri Lanka struggling to dismiss the weakest Team in county cricket. 219 in April is a pretty good score . The lankans are going to struggle big time against England A and England in the tests going by the last 2 games , uless they improve vastly in the next 10 days.
Yeah mate, 219 is a fantastic score. I don't care how few Sri Lanka get, 219 is still a poor score in first-class cricket. Get your hand off it. I hope Sri Lanka win this test series.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
sideshowtim said:
Yeah mate, 219 is a fantastic score. I don't care how few Sri Lanka get, 219 is still a poor score in first-class cricket. Get your hand off it. I hope Sri Lanka win this test series.
Which ever way you look it Sri Lanka are still playing like a bunch of retards and would be lucky to aviod the follow on against England A and England, let alone win a game.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
It were orrid when I gorrup this morning - damp and murky. Sunny now but the garden's sopping.

Start delayed in the Derbyshire v Sri Lanka game - next inspection at 12.00.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sounds like Tharanga turned it on, and Sanga is continuing the job.

Good stuff.

Looks like Maharoof bowled garbage though.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well it seems these days if you are a Englsih sportsman you are injured , but i'll have a go of at England 1st test side presuming that all the injured players dont play:

Trescothick *
Strauss
Cook
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood
Flintoff
G Jones+
Hoggard
Plunkett
Tremlett

Also if Fletcher wants a spinner Panesar of Swann has a chance to play, either may come in for Collingwood.

Read also has a chance to regain his test spot

Barney Rubble

International Coach
aussie said:
well it seems these days if you are a Englsih sportsman you are injured , but i'll have a go of at England 1st test side presuming that all the injured players dont play:

Trescothick *
Strauss
Cook
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood
Flintoff
G Jones+
Hoggard
Plunkett
Tremlett

Also if Fletcher wants a spinner Panesar of Swann has a chance to play, either may come in for Collingwood.

Read also has a chance to regain his test spot
Tremlett picked up a knock today too, didn't play for Hampshire. :(

I'd go:

Trescothick
Strauss
Bell
Collingwood
Pietersen
Flintoff*
G Jones+
Plunkett
Hoggard