• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Bangladesh

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Wonderful innings by ashraful, sucha pity that i missed the match.. just saw the scores, but good going by Bangladesh.. its a great positive start..

TIF

U19 Debutant
Good going by Bangladesh on the 1st day to make a 300+ score. With this, Bangladesh have given themselves a decent chance to win this match and I hope against hope that they are able to pull this off. They came very very close 3 years ago to beat Pakistan in a test match before Inzamam spoilt the party.

Also remember that Sri Lanka are going to bat 4th on this pitch and if this match is strectched to the 4th or even the 5th day with Bangladesh being able to set a 300+ target for Sri Lanka, then Bangladesh should be able to do it, but then history is against them as they have had only 1 win against a Zimbabwe "B" team in tests and only 1 draw on their own strength against West Indies, and that too 2 years ago.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Bangladesh seem to have been playing some good cricket in this series and this guy Ashraful continues to impress..

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Great stuff Bangladesh - just the Sri Lankan middle order to be scared of now. Ashraful confirms his new role as the premier BD batsman, taking over from Bashar. I was a bit suprised to see Nafees Iqbal open with Javed Omar - I though Shahriar Nafees was the better option - but I suppose the selectors wanted an aggressive/defensive option. Dismissal of Iqbal was typical - no application, like we saw in England. I was going to mouth off about Kapali being below Mashud again as well, but it seems the selectors have pulled a rabbit out of the hat and got a steady, experienced bat with Ashraful.

I wouldn't get hopes of a BD win too high though - they still have to contend with Sangakkara, Jayawardene, Dilshan and Samaraweera, plus Murali could bowl anyone out in the second innings fro >150.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Well done Bangladesh and Ashraful especially. I just hope that the bowlers can be reasonably effective against what is still a reasonably good SL batting line up.Still have Sangakarra, Jayawardene, and Dilshan (who I rate highly) to deal with...

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Well done Ash and well done Bangladesh, quite a fan of his and so good to see young talent. ALso, beiong the underdog, quite partial to Bangladesh aswell

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Bangladesh all out 319, then this...

0.3 Syed Rasel to Vandort, OUT: Gone! what a start by Bangladesh and
Syed Rasel, short in length, outside off and moves away, tries to
chase that one away from the body, thick outside edge to keeper,
Khaled Mashud takes a great catch diving towards his left!