• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa v Sri Lanka Tests & ODI's

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Rik
Originally posted by marc71178
Although Kallis is still scoring slowly...:rolleyes: he's got his average up to 50 at last though :D
So what if he's scoring slowly - players do not have to score at run a ball all the time.

Also I'd like to point out that he's scoring at a faster rate than Gibbs is.
The problem is I've never seen him bat quickly...:D
So what - like I said, not every batsmen has to score at breakneck speed!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Rik
Although Kallis is still scoring slowly...:rolleyes: he's got his average up to 50 at last though :D
So what if he's scoring slowly - players do not have to score at run a ball all the time.

Also I'd like to point out that he's scoring at a faster rate than Gibbs is.
The problem is I've never seen him bat quickly...:D
So what - like I said, not every batsmen has to score at breakneck speed!
Yeah...but in ODI's you only have 50 overs! :P

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Sri lanka cant seem to do anything right this series ? they are losing and it seems as one sided as the ashes , the home team is strong... i think they kinda underminded S.Africa from their performance in the ICC trophy.. then again S.Africa were reallly close to winning that match..

Bazza

International 12th Man
Originally posted by lord_of_darkness
Sri lanka cant seem to do anything right this series ? they are losing and it seems as one sided as the ashes , the home team is strong... i think they kinda underminded S.Africa from their performance in the ICC trophy.. then again S.Africa were reallly close to winning that match..
Not so it would seem. South Africa have been decimated by Fernando whilst chasing a paltry target - this one's starting to get really quite interesting at 44-5!!:lol:

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Well just a quick twist in the game

S.Africa needing 121 to win , Srilanka get a wicket and then in a fiery spell fernando gets 4 wickets and now S.Africa are on 69/5 needing 52 runs to win , wow @ the fernando guy

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
CRD Fernando... Dilhara. Why are there so many Fernandos?!

Neil McKenzie, Andrew Hall, Shaun Pollock and Mark Boucher kept their heads and saw the Proteas home, a bit too close for comfort.

Prince needs dropping.

Isam

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
SLEDGING GAME

Man, how could all of you forget abt the sledging game in the test match or did i miss it?:alien8::baddevil:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
SL really made a match of it in the 2nd test. Pity, they couldn't tie the series.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Speaking of this series, Sri Lanka is 104/7, after being 30/5. Good to see Ntini take a few more wickets after a fairly poor run of form after the VB Series.

Bazza

International 12th Man
This ODI shows for me why and how much these sides are going to struggle in the world cup. We've been saying it and others have argued against it but for me SL, Ind and Pak will all struggle to put up decent totals in SA.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Pakistan doesn't generally struggle as much on bouncy tracks as the other sides you mention. Pakistan won its world cup in Australia. And they have played well in SA conditions before. Needless to say, the Indian Batting line up is not that weak either.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I still think Pakistan will struggle. Their batting just doesn't look strong enough to me. That said, Youhana and Inzamam are true class so you never know.....

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
There is no doubt that these sides will not find it easy up there. But historically when these sides get used to the bounce and speed of the tracks, they are hard to beat. Especially when both India and Pakistan have some batsmen that play well against pace.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
That's the 1st time I've ever heard the words "Quickfire" and "Kallis" in the same sentance...:lol::lol::lol:

Anyway Gunaratne did a "Jones" and nearly killed his knee...