• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Pakistan

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
How are the Pakistani players gonna adjust with Akthar when he makes a comeback?
Anyways i think Misbah is just not looking the same player that he looked in the T20 WC, his footwork is far more circumspect and he is looking out of sorts.
Btw i think Pollock coming in at 3 is a good move but i don't think Kallis would be too happy with the move.
Kallis enjoys batting at #4 - he has stated before it is his preference in both forms of the game, so I'm sure he won't mind.

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
Feel they should sit Misbah for Butt. This opening problem is one that needs to be sorted, and fast.

Will give our fast bowlers a mulligan for the last match. Came out bowling with the wrong approach, trying to go for broke from the beginning. They'll learn soon enough.

I would say stick with Yasir and Afridi for last match, while Misbah should be dropped for Alam. Since Pak have picked Alam for Indian tour, he should be tried in atleast one match before the Indian tour

anoop4real

U19 12th Man
I would say stick with Yasir and Afridi for last match, while Misbah should be dropped for Alam. Since Pak have picked Alam for Indian tour, he should be tried in atleast one match before the Indian tour
Yeah that makes sense..Alam should be given a chance......

pup11

International Coach
Well i won't mind Alam playing either but i also would like to see Tanvir playing because not only does he provide variation with the ball because of him being a left-armer but he is also a pretty handy lower order batsman.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Gul is definitely miles ahead of Tanvir as a bowler but he's been terrible this series & needs to play some domestic games to find his form back before playing more international cricket.
Yeah he had a **** game, but no need to go to extremes. Hes bowled well enough of late, and I don't think theres anything in particular he really needs to work on right now. Fair enough to rest him for the last match, but to keep him out of international cricket?!?!?!

Yeah he had a **** game, but no need to go to extremes. Hes bowled well enough of late, and I don't think theres anything in particular he really needs to work on right now. Fair enough to rest him for the last match, but to keep him out of international cricket?!?!?!
I'm suggesting this because I don't want him to be next Mohammad Sami who never tried to improve his bowling after being terrible in some matches because no one ever though of droping him until Asif shined as a bowler.

shortpitched713

International Captain
I'm suggesting this because I don't want him to be next Mohammad Sami who never tried to improve his bowling after being terrible in some matches because no one ever though of droping him until Asif shined as a bowler.
Fair 'noof, but now as we're about to start a series against India is not the time to send some of your best players for long-term domestic stints.

haroon510

International 12th Man
i don't see the logic of replacing gul with tanveer.... gul out after performing bad in one match.. i don't see fairness here..

haroon510

International 12th Man
i don't agree with richard and his arguments doesn't mean gul is a bad bowler and he should be droped for the team.. he has been imperssive lately..

Laurrz

International Debutant
Smith says

Smith cheekily - but correctly - said that pressure would be on Shoaib, not South Africa. "He's the one making a comeback. We've prepared for him because we knew he would be available. He's short on cricket and whether they risk him in such an important game will be the key."
golden duck bowled by Akhtar rofl

haroon510

International 12th Man
Load of tosh. His keeping isn't significantly worse then it was when he begin. Also, I am sick of the hyperbole you seem to insert in every single sentence - have you ever actually seen the keeping in a domestic match live?

Yup, he dropped a single catch. OMG. HOW DARE HE! Lets roast him on a spit and lynch him.
So long to pakistan's chances of winning a odi series against SA..

haroon510

International 12th Man
bravo akmal.. he finaly manage to hold on to one.. i feel bad for JP Duminy for being in the "unfortunate" dismisal list of Kamran akmal at the end of tour..