• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in India, Sep/Oct 2019

MrPrez

International Debutant
My hopes of a comeback are slightly tempered by the fact that Ashwin is batting at 9.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Considering he is 24 and Steyn is probably a top 5 bowler of all time, I'd say you're probably right.
I was comparing more on their class and bowling ability than comparing their records. Steyn was a complete bowler and I don't think he struggled in his first visit to India like Rabada is now.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was comparing more on their class and bowling ability than comparing their records. Steyn was a complete bowler and I don't think he struggled in his first visit to India like Rabada is now.
It depends I suppose. Wrecking ball bowlers like Steyn and Rabada can be quiet for a few days on series with flat pitches, but have that ability to completely run through an opposition and effectively win the game in a session if things come together.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Yes, but Steyn's exploits in India were just next-level. If we're to use Steyn's India exploits as the marker for judging a bowler then he's even a class or three above McGrath, who played a single match and averaged 43 in his first India tour. This was coming off three series where he'd averaged low 20s in each.

Also, Rabada has bowled in one innings so far on an absolute road. It's a bit premature to assume he's going to **** the bed this series.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Nice stuff from Agarwal.

Poor Piedt. Inb4 Muthusamy is picked as our second spinner next match.

SeamUp

International Coach
Remember watching Agarwal in u19 CWC years ago. Thought he would be a limited overs hack. Fair play lad.