• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in India, Sep/Oct 2019

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Philander and Rabada have bowled well. They may do some damage this series. Less said about Piedt the better. Faf bowling after a decade would do a better job.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Where we could need our new spearhead to stamp his mark. For all KGs class he hasn't quite dominantly clicked away from home bar Australia.
He did alright in SL, but was poor in England overall. Which was surprising. I do think we forget he is only 24 and trying to lead this attack. I do worry he is bowling within himself because of the problems with this bowling attack; when really we should be asking him to do 4/5 over spells of trying to take wickets.

SeamUp

International Coach
He did alright in SL, but was poor in England overall. Which was surprising. I do think we forget he is only 24 and trying to lead this attack. I do worry he is bowling within himself because of the problems with this bowling attack; when really we should be asking him to do 4/5 over spells of trying to take wickets.
It was there for all to see how flat he looked in the WC. We are going to burn him out. No doubt about the ability and class.

He probably needs to trust himself to get it fuller on the softer wickets. Got to challenge both edges. Just don't think safe back of a length will get you many wickets on here.

SeamUp

International Coach
Just the four maidens for Maharaj.
He started well but a combination of pressure of staring down the barrell on a good wicket, same brave batting and some average bowling has probably turned 20 overs for 50 runs into what it is now.

Competition or support from Harmer would be nice. People say oh we don't need Harmer because we have Keshav has never made sense to me. They need each other to push each other on.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
He probably needs to trust himself to get it fuller on the softer wickets. Got to challenge both edges. Just don't think safe back of a length will get you many wickets on here.
He is bowling safe, not trying to take wickets. I know the pitch is slow but I would love to see an attempt at a barrage of short pitch bowling; I would not care if he went for lots of runs for an over or two at least it would be an attempt at something. He is fast enough to try it, along with having a fantastic yorker.

CodeOfWisden

U19 Debutant
It was there for all to see how flat he looked in the WC. We are going to burn him out. No doubt about the ability and class.

It was quite surprising to see him in the t20 squad. Playing him in irrelevant t20is wasn't a good idea.
Australia seldom plays its main bowlers in bilaterals, even a bowler like starc who isn't great in tests is given rest in bilaterals.
Rabada should only play in tests and high profile lois.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Faf bowling after a decade would do a better job.
If not Faf then how about someone else? The other players in the side who are able to turn their arm over may be very part-time at best, but given the match situation there's absolutely nothing to be by letting them have a go.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Competition or support from Harmer would be nice. People say oh we don't need Harmer because we have Keshav has never made sense to me. They need each other to push each other on.
And it's not just about the pushing on. This match has shown how bare the cupboard is after Maharaj, which isn't a good situation to be in.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think the problem is that we don't need Harmer, but that only one spinner in the Test squad is generally needed; so the 2nd spinner in the country needs to be making money at the FC level and feel needed, which only happens once every two years when we play a few Tests in the subcontinent. I don't know what we could do to really look after the 2nd spinner in SA. I mean its not like he does not even play in SA, been a mainstay for the Warriors for years.

Dendarii

International Debutant
For all the criticism we've given Muthusamy, not a bad scalp to have as your first test wicket (even if it was more Kohli than Muthusamy).

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's not going to be easy to take wickets on this surface for a while, but run-scoring is going to get harder as the match progresses. Need to grind their way to 500 without much further damage and then throw their bats at everything coming their way.

SeamUp

International Coach
I don't think the problem is that we don't need Harmer, but that only one spinner in the Test squad is generally needed; so the 2nd spinner in the country needs to be making money at the FC level and feel needed, which only happens once every two years when we play a few Tests in the subcontinent. I don't know what we could do to really look after the 2nd spinner in SA. I mean its not like he does not even play in SA, been a mainstay for the Warriors for years.
He probably also feels he didn't do a lot wrong last time to be treated how he was. But only if CSA actually had plans in place financially to look after that sort of player. But I mean CSA is so pathetic they knew Kolpak players would save them future problems of bottlenecks so it didn't really matter to them. Must feel and look so **** to those players.