• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
This is for ***** and OS

"In the long run,creating specific kinds of pitches to win,will harm Indian cricket. True,visitors have to overcome but this is beyond that." - Harsha Bhogle

These two sound so riled up :laugh:

cnerd123

likes this
This is for ***** and OS

"In the long run,creating specific kinds of pitches to win,will harm Indian cricket. True,visitors have to overcome but this is beyond that." - Harsha Bhogle

Bhogle can go suck a dick. 'Proper' cricket doesn't exist. All cricket is still cricket. Turning tracks aren't inferior. If every side can prepare pitches to suit their players, then so too can India. If he thinks the great spin quartet and the legacy of men like Kumble and Harbhajan has harmed Indian cricket then he can **** off.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
*****, don't use Adelaide as an example. The issue is not with turners or bouncier pitches which can produce low scores as well. Low scores can even occur on good pitches. The issue is with the pitch itself as it has inconsistent turn, where it is not possible to be 'set' even if you manage to survive using your skills. You are dumbing down the debate which is quite boring. Earlier, you mentioned that the knowledgeable cricketers who are criticising the pitch are all paid hacks. This is also quite demeaning. Don't agree with them but don't give me this line. It's nonsense. When you have some one disagree with you, don't bring up agendas. Talk about the point hand at ffs.

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
SA ****ed up by stupid batting int he second innings and 75 A/O. People ****ed up by seeing their beloved ABDv/Amla batting lineup get bowled for 75, not watching the match and assuming the pitch was the problem.

That said though, *****, calm down.

indiaholic

International Captain
This is for ***** and OS

Nope. We will never have conditions that are going to prepare our batsmen to play in SA or England. The current crop except for Pujara is just not very good against spin. This will help them learn. As for the bowling, it is definitely a issue. If we just need one fast bowler then it becomes a bit difficult to develop a new one in time for a tour abroad. All that being said, not every test was like this. The Bangalore pitch was nothig like this. So Bhogle can **** off.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is for ***** and OS

Indian batsmen not being masters of playing spin bowling isn't great either. All these ****s do all the time nowadays, including in Ranji, is practice playing swing and bounce. This is a wake up call. Amla and Faf showing them how to do it. Vijay is the only giant we have as of now, with Pujara a shade behind.

Gnske

I have no problem with people disagreeing. I just hate it when they're being dumb ****s. Which, to be fair, is something to expect while on a public forum too.
Lad everyone else has been able to act in a way that is anything but a totally uncouth child except for you alone.

I'm hoping this is a new form of false bait.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Nope. We will never have conditions that are going to prepare our batsmen to play in SA or England. The current crop except for Pujara is just not very good against spin. This will help them learn. As for the bowling, it is definitely a issue. If we just need one fast bowler then it becomes a bit difficult to develop a new one in time for a tour abroad. All that being said, not every test was like this. The Bangalore pitch was nothig like this. So Bhogle can **** off.
]Bhogle can go suck a dick. 'Proper' cricket doesn't exist. All cricket is still cricket. Turning tracks aren't inferior. If every side can prepare pitches to suit their players, then so too can India. If he thinks the great spin quartet and the legacy of men like Kumble and Harbhajan has harmed Indian cricket then he can **** off.
That's all I wanted to hear :D

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
And the same pitch which was apparently flattening out is going to look like a minefield once more because there is a new man in there.

harsh.ag

Lad everyone else has been able to act in a way that is anything but a totally uncouth child except for you alone.

I'm hoping this is a new form of false bait.
Do you feel the need to revise your opinion from yesterday?

Stapel

International Regular
So, Amla falls, after playing 167 balls.

I'm not sure what to think of this innings. I'm very much impressed by his wicket occupation. It's what test cricket is all about! Wait for the odd poor ball and hit it. But Amla just got 2 boundaries of 167 balls. I find it hard to believe he was served just the 2 poor balls. In that sense, he missed a trick, I guess.

Teja.

Global Moderator
High Scores on the pitch:

Vijay 40
Dhawan 39
Amla 39
Duminy 35
Faf 35*
Jadeja 34

So many people in peaking in the 35-40 range, haha.