• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Should just troll the world with two teams. A 4 spinner team with good batsmen against spin at home on spinning tracks and an away team with the regular wheel of mediocrity and batsmen good enough to bat on seaming conditions.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Should just troll the world with two teams. A 4 spinner team with good batsmen against spin at home on spinning tracks and an away team with the regular wheel of mediocrity and batsmen good enough to bat on seaming conditions.

Vijay will still be in both, and Dan will still protest. :p

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It could actually work too. Prepare dustbowls at home and have Jadu/Ashwin run through them, so they get annoyed and go "Oh yeah? Well come to SA, we'll prepare greentops and kill you". Then Binny comes in and takes 6/4. Number in the rankings in 12 months. Foolproof imo.

cnerd123

likes this
INDIA HOME
---------------
Vijay
Dhawan
Pujara
???
???
???
Saha (+)
Ashwin (*)
Jadeja
Mishra
K. Yadav

INDIA AWAY
-----------------
Vijay
Rahul Jnr
Rahane
Kohli (*)
Pujara
Binny
Saha (+)
Ashwin
Bhuvi
Ishant
U. Yadav

Really have no idea who the best batsmen against spin are in India. Would expect some domestic stalwarts ala Dogra, Manhas, Yashpal to be pretty decent. Maybe someone like Tiwary. Don't know tho tbf.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a joke that Binny has played international cricket. Makes me so mad when you think of those that miss out despite performing.

cnerd123

likes this
It's a joke that Binny has played international cricket. Makes me so mad when you think of those that miss out despite performing.
My theory is that he gets picked so that Mayanti gets to tour with the team and the rest of the side can ogle at her at the hotel pool.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My theory is that he gets picked so that Mayanti gets to tour with the team and the rest of the side can ogle at her at the hotel pool.
More like so that Mayanti is cheerful while the rest of the side ogle her at the hotel pool. She is coming on tour regardless.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Or hedge our bets and play with 11 batsmen away.. Draw every game away and win every game at home.. :p
Assuming a 90% win rate at home and 90% draw rate abroad, that's 45 wins and 10 losses per 100 Tests overall. #1 team material.

The IPL and home ODIs to continue to be played on flat tracks just to troll visiting players even more.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Heard Kuldeep can bat too. And he will give us the whole gamut of spinning options. Left and right arm off and leg break bowlers. :D

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I really like how Kuldeep bowls. Watched him a bit a few months back. Wish he goes on to fulfill his promise.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
INDIA HOME
---------------
Vijay
Dhawan
Pujara
???
???
???
Saha (+)
Ashwin (*)
Jadeja
Mishra
K. Yadav

INDIA AWAY
-----------------
Vijay
Rahul Jnr
Rahane
Kohli (*)
Pujara
Binny
Saha (+)
Ashwin
Bhuvi
Ishant
U. Yadav

So the most aggressive and fearless and best batsman doesn't make it to either team despite inviting everyone to 'come to India'?