• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Exactly what I was thinking. I didn't think Faf had it in him, but then again who would have thought Punter would struggle so much then too.

Is it time to discuss Ashwin amongst the best Indian spinners ever? I think he belongs in the conversation..
Up there for sure. I'm sure he'll do well abroad too... was a joke that he repeatedly kept getting dropped after 1-2 bad games overseas.

Daemon

From that replay there you can see Ashwin's elbow was ****ing dead straight. What a champion. **** all long sleeved spinners.

On the other spectrum you have ****s like Ajmal who after chucking his way to 150+ test wickets, still has the cheek to point fingers at perfectly legal bowling actions.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Amla has this weakness of getting bowled out to slightly incoming delivery with a bit of pace. Defence not quite up there
Incoming delivers that then nips off the seam in opposite direction.. not many batsmen deal with that well. About the only thing you could say is maybe he should have been forward but it was a fantastic length delivery.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Incoming delivers than then nip off the seam in opposite direction.. not many batsmen deal with that well. About the only thing you could say is maybe he should have been forward but it was a fantastic length delivery.
Yeah. Terrific delivery. But players like Amla and Clarke who defend without getting forward enough do get into trouble in such situations by making the delivery look better than it is. On the one hand, it helps them drive on the up like a boss but these jaffas seem to castle them more often.