• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in England 2012

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
With his 9/160-odd saving him from some poor figures - hence my match-turning, devastating spells point.

I am worried about his elbow - he doesn't seem to be exacting the turn as much as usual and last time there were 26 bone fragments removed.
Well yeah quite often if you take away someone's best performance in a series they don't look as good.

Make that every time.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:mellow:

Either this guy is talking so much sense that I am unable to comprehend his insight or I've had a mental breakdown whilst trying to decipher any point from what he's saying.
I think what he's trying to say is that he expects both teams to bowl equally well, and whichever batting lineup handles it better will ultimately win the series.

He seems to be having great trouble understanding the inverse relationship between batting and bowling in cricket though and hence his efforts to articulate his point have failed.

screamingfields

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think what he's trying to say is that he expects both teams to bowl equally well, and whichever batting lineup handles it better will ultimately win the series.

He seems to be having great trouble understanding the inverse relationship between batting and bowling in cricket though and hence his efforts to articulate his point have failed.
Yes both teams will have good bowling but, really if either team lines up better batting wise will win it. An important one for both when batting.

Last edited:

greg

International Debutant
England have the edge in batting because almost no collapse is terminal. They can have any innings made respectable with performances from any two batsmen down to number 10. Whereas a wobble in the South African middle order can pretty much signify end of innings.

Four left handers in the line up as well - manna from heaven for Swann.

screamingfields

School Boy/Girl Captain
I said batting also because both teams might score around 230. I don't think it'll be low scoring.

Last edited:

Andre

International Regular
Could be one of the great Test series this. Very much looking forward to it getting under way.

ProteasFan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hi peeps :)

Just signed up and am looking forward to an entralling series. It will be a tight affair but SA will prevail with a series win ;)

Stumpcam

U19 Captain
Thank you

Does anyone know what's the weather looking like at the Oval? Will play start on time?
Play should start on time but I wouldn't rule out a shower at some point during the day. About a 40% chance of a stoppage today.

Tomorrow there's currently an 80% chance of a shower.