• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

hammo666

Cricket Spectator
I think that line says it all, its clear that you hate him so just say that, Clarke hating is nothing new on the forum, but really as far as cricketing reasoning is concerned Clarke would be the last batsman Australia would/should drop.
I to think Clarke is a Tool,but this is not a Dropping offence.What he needs to do is get his Beak out of the Media ........and into the Nets!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I think that line says it all, its clear that you hate him so just say that, Clarke hating is nothing new on the forum, but really as far as cricketing reasoning is concerned Clarke would be the last batsman Australia would/should drop.
Apparently that's because he has claimed a few grassed catches in his time and he's good friend with Symonds, and he looks like a tool and has Lara Bingle as his fiancé, i think these are the few reasons why the CW has this much Clarke hate in the air.
pup11 lolzz. Don't have a problem with the catches, his relationship with Symonds or Bingle. Just reckon he thinks he's above a lot of things, including being dropped and he's playing like it. Again, when he was dropped after the Windies tour, he worked on his technique and came back and scored a flawless ton against England. Reckon it's time for another domestic stint. Don't make me go all Smith on you.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I know his stats have been good, but he has had so much luck it's ridiculous. I do not like the way he's been going about his cricket and wouldn't want him in my side at present. Did you see his 20-odd today? Could of been out four times. Imo, it's just a matter of time before he really costs Australia, if he hasn't already done. Just like when he was dropped after the Windies series, I believe some Domestic Cricket is just what he needs.

Also, he's a tool. (face)
Just want to re-iterate how poor this post was. Ch33rs.

pup11

International Coach
pup11 lolzz. Don't have a problem with the catches, his relationship with Symonds or Bingle. Just reckon he thinks he's above a lot of things, including being dropped and he's playing like it. Again, when he was dropped after the Windies tour, he worked on his technique and came back and scored a flawless ton against England. Reckon it's time for another domestic stint. Don't make me go all Smith on you.
I mean who cares if he is a ****ing moron in his personal life, as long he turns up and score runs for Australia, he is doing his job, if i am not wrong Clarke is the only Australian batsmen to score more than 1000 runs this calendar year, so obviously he is doing something right, he was dropped after the West Indies series because he wasn't able to buy a single run then.

For saying this if you wanna go Smitteh on me, then you are most welcome to do that...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
got any link where we can learn what exactly transpired and why he got banned?

Is it a perma one or temp one, btw?
I dunno exactly what made the mods pull the trigger, but I've no doubt it was richly (:ph34r:) deserved.

& only a 7-dayer, tragically. :mellow:

Fair play to the Yarps, anyway. They've already played more quality cricket in these 1.8 tests than they did in all 4 against us. Feels like a passing of the baton moment a la 96/97 to me.

Will the Aussie selectors take to opportunity to grasp the nettle in the dead rubber and ditch Hayden & Symonds now? It'd be hideously conservative & an old pals act of the worst kind if they don't, surely?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Fair play to the Yarps, anyway. They've already played more quality cricket in these 1.8 tests than they did in all 4 against us. Feels like a passing of the baton moment a la 96/97 to me.
I was pondering that too. Winning on the reigning champs' turf must count for more than beating them in your own back yard, so my mind also went back to Aus winning in WI (possibly 1994/5?) and WI winning in Aus during 1979/80. Whilst there isn't a lot to separate India & SA right now, we all know that India will lose 3 key batsmen and their opening bowler over the next couple of years, whereas the Saffers are mostly youngsters who should actually improve. Replacing Ntini may be an issue - others will know far more than I about likely replacements.

biased indian

International Coach
there are some in SA team also on the aging factor ..Boucher kallis and nitin..but ya if SA win this series then

my ranking will be SA,india....Aus.....Eng...SL...Pak .....WI ,NZ....................Ban

inbox24

International Debutant
Current world standings:

1. India/South Africa
2. ?
3. ???
4. ??
5. England/Pakistan
6. New Zealand
7. West Indies
8. Bangladesh
9. Daylight
10. ?
11. USA
12. Zimbabwe
13. ??
14. ???
15. ?
16. Australia
17. Lidcombe Cricket Club

Australia currently ranked 16th in the world.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nnanden I have no idea why you are even thinking about dropping M. Clarke, very absurd comment IMO.

He's made 88 not out in this Test Match and we have some players at the moment who are obviously in more dire form.

He's not even close to be dropped and nor should he be.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
By the way, paying the same price for one session on the fourth day as I paid on the first for a full day is absolutely absurd.
Yep that is totally absurd.

Surely the tickets should have been marked down by 50 percent at least.

jondavluc

State Regular
Current world standings:

1. India/South Africa
2. ?
3. ???
4. ??
5. England/Pakistan
6. New Zealand
7. West Indies
8. Bangladesh
9. Daylight
10. ?
11. USA
12. Zimbabwe
13. ??
14. ???
15. ?
16. Australia
17. Lidcombe Cricket Club

Poor lidcombe Cricket Club they just haven't being able to get together this season.:sleep:

Just want to re-iterate how poor this post was. Ch33rs.
No poorer then some of your posts.Putting Clarke in domestic cricket is stupid.

if i am not wrong Clarke is the only Australian batsmen to score more than 1000 runs this calendar year
Ricky has made a thousand runs this year.:happy:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Reality is that Clarke's hair isn't classically girlish enough, in the Bracken/Heal mould for Nath to rate him.

susudear

Banned
Ludicrous

Current world standings:

:laugh:

Just give Australia a break. The whole thing was destined to end ****ed up the moment they decided to drop the best ever bowler against South Africa in recent times, namely Stuart Clark. Clark's utility was that he plugged the run-flow at one end, forcing batsmen to have a go at bowlers at the other end and gifting wickets, not to mention he took his share too in the meanwhile. For an attacking bowler like Lee or (never thought I'd be saying this) Johnson, you need to have a miserly bowler at the other end. Peter Siddle for all his efforts, is not a shade near Clark.

And oh the traveller named Symonds. The sooner he and his unwanted entourage of attention was offloaded, the better for Australia.

I hope I will be eating this post and some other in CW by this time tomorrow, thanks to an unbelievable choke by the Saffies and a win to Australia.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Reality is that Clarke's hair isn't classically girlish enough, in the Bracken/Heal mould for Nath to rate him.
Haha, tempted to sig. Are you sure you don't want to have a go at me though? This is all very serious.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Originally Posted by CricketWeb
Australia is fine. 0-2 after two Tests is a good result. Nothing should change, etc.

Most people are calling for Hayden and Symonds to be dropped, and are relieved that Lee will be unavailable for Sydney - plus wanting a better alternatve than Hauritz/Krejza. That's hardly saying that "nothing should change". Plus half the posters here seem to want Ponting sacked as skipper...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
sorry abt making this post in the wrong thread but I don't really post outside of CC and I would like to know about what happened reg. Richard.. If any of the mods could link me to the relevant thread(s), I would really appreciate it.