• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
He was pretty ''serviceable'' this innings, and was pretty damn decent last innings too. Manged to get Ponting and your best batsmen in Clarke out. Don't understand the hate on him tbh, he's been pretty good imo, seeing as he has not played a test in four years. Has a better FC record than Lyon, and can bat. He should do until we find a our next spinner.
This. :wub:ing the flight and turn at 70kph. So rare in the modern game. Too many darts players

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
itbt I should have stuck with Jono's interpretation of what I said - i.e. Starc would get Kallis out with a bouncer.

SeamUp

International Coach
The test match South Africa vs New Zealand at Newlands in Jan is going to be interesting for a Proteas supporter : Steyns : 300 wickets and Kallis 13 000 runs
On Kallis' home ground. Perfect timing. Going to be some atmosphere for him at the picturesque Newlands. Only a matter of time till he goes past Dravid and Ponting now in test runs list.

Dale's new 'home' ground as well. Bascially 300 wickets in 60 tests for Steyn. 5 per test is quality. Next up Fred Trueman to go past.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
itbt I should have stuck with Jono's interpretation of what I said - i.e. Starc would get Kallis out with a bouncer.
You could probably even argue he got him out with a bouncer both innings; the ball he bowled to him immediately before castling him in the first innings was a short ball that got big on him and hit the glove/shoulder of the bat on the back foot IIRC, messed up his footwork for the full swinging one next up.

Spikey

I love the idea that Cowan counted how many players were on each side before he joined the left side

Spikey

maybe he and ab decided one of them should stand on each side

the dance Elgar had planned got shelved ftr

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing result but it felt all too inevitable after we let South Africa escape from jail in Adelaide.

Thanks for the memories Ricky. An Australian line up without you will never look the same.