• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Semi Finals and Final

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Results against Australia in ODIs since that VB series Aussie mentioned.

L ICC CT 4 v Aus in SL 2002/03 at Colombo (SSC) [1877]
L World Cup Su v Aus in SA 2002/03 at Port Elizabeth [1986]
L TVS (Ind) 3 v Aus in Ind 2003/04 at Faridabad [2053]
L TVS (Ind) 5 v Aus in Ind 2003/04 at Pune [2055]
L TVS (Ind) 7 v Aus in Ind 2003/04 at Guwahati [2058]
L ICC CT 9 v Aus in Eng 2004 at The Oval [2176]
W CH Trophy 1 v Aus in Aus 2004/05 at Melbourne (DS) (d/n) [2196]
L CH Trophy 2 v Aus in Aus 2004/05 at Sydney (d/n) [2198]
L 1st ODI v Aus in NZ 2004/05 at Wellington (WS) (d/n) [2227]
L 2nd ODI v Aus in NZ 2004/05 at Christchurch (d/n) [2228]
L 3rd ODI v Aus in NZ 2004/05 at Auckland (d/n) [2230]
L 4th ODI v Aus in NZ 2004/05 at Wellington [2232]
L 5th ODI v Aus in NZ 2004/05 at Napier [2234]
L CH Trophy 1 v Aus in NZ 2005/06 at Auckland [2301]
L CH Trophy 2 v Aus in NZ 2005/06 at Wellington (WS) [2302]
W CH Trophy 3 v Aus in NZ 2005/06 at Christchurch (d/n) [2303]

won 2, lost 14

One win (the last one) against a woefully under-strength Australian side in a dead rubber, the other is against a slightly weakened (but by no means exceptionally so, expect the odd injury) Australian side, but is fair enough. Aussie is right when he says "NZ on the other hand have struggled againts Australia in ODI's since that famous 2001 VB series, but you could argue that they didn't have bond much during that period."
Was just about to reply to it, but good enough that you highlighted it..

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Gillespie at least 1 game to see how he goes..I mean he hasn't played for 2 weeks now, there is no point throwing him in against Australia and likewise with Ross Taylor imo.
you can never tell.. if hes been working hard in the nets etc.. using him as a suprise factor could pay off pretty well.. or not aswell :).. either way its do or die with all these crucial injuries :(

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I am backing NZ to win against Australia and SA to win against WI. Must say SA Vs. NZ doesn't look a glamorous final though.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
You could say it's not a very glamorous final but when it comes down to it and if S.A and NZ make the final they'll deserve to be there because they've played the best cricket on some very ordinary pitches.

There is no way you will see glamorous cricket on any of these pitches. Whoever makes the final, it's going to be more about rotating the strike and battling hard for boundaries rather than crash bash.
It's the reason why India are no longer in the tournament. And if they don't knuckle down, then they won't be going very far in the World Cup.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not sure who keeps raising the point that NZ has a good record against Australia. I think the media might have something to do with it...but that's definately not the case.
NZ can beat any other team without Bond, but I feel if we want to beat a full strength Aussie side then he's gotta be in the lineup.

It sounds as though Bond and Mills will play and that there is an outside chance of Taylor replacing Styris.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
I have heard that Taylor has not even been put into the squad, so obviously cannot play. I think the story is that if he replaces Styris in the squad then Styris cannot rejoin the squad later..... (I may be talking rubbish..I just heard this somewhere). So Bracewell wants to keep Styris in the squad in the hope that he will be fit for the final if NZ get there. So it must be Marshall......... So with Marshall being dodgy, Vincent having not done anything so far, Fulton struggling for runs, and Astle not looking like his old self, it seems like a pretty weak batting order to me. A lot depends on Fleming, and maybe McCullum and Oram to rescue things later.

kanenzl

Cricket Spectator
vincent will fire. just watch and enjoy. nzl dont want oram coming in before the 35 over mark. im not sure about his ability to construct an innings. he is much more effective coming in when the slog is on. nzl need a good start from their top 3 who are in my opinion the best 3 batsmen in the team. if aussie bowlers dont get early wickets they may get frustrated.

go the kiwis!!!!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yeah cant wait either.. hopefully it doesnt end up being a one sided affair cause we are better than that when it comes to play the green and gold :)

oz_fan

International Regular
Fleming wins the toss and chooses to bowl. Bond playing for NZ.

NZ: SP Fleming, L Vincent, NJ Astle, PG Fulton, HJH Marshall, JDP Oram, BB McCullum, DL Vettori, JEC Franklin, KD Mills, SE Bond

Aus: AC Gilchrist, SR Watson, RT Ponting, DR Martyn, A Symonds, MJ Clarke, MEK Hussey, B Lee, MG Johnson, NW Bracken, GD McGrath

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No real surprises with Bond playing, he had to if they were going to have any chance. He'll get Gilly early too, IMO. Still, Australia to win by 30-50 runs tonight.

Dravid

International Captain
No Styris, and New Zealand are bowling. Hope Aussies can 300+ again and hope Kiwis can chase it down again.