• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #1- India vs New Zealand - November 15th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I couldn't give a **** about this game because the winner is playing for second anyway and will lose the final to a rampant Australian side. If I have to choose, I would like India to lose though because their fans are the ****ing pits and the idea of 1.4 billion Indian tears of sadness and frustration just appeals to me, as it does any decent person.
Oh no Indian fans will be sad if India loses, how dare they

Athlai

Not Terrible
NZ awarded 30 penalty runs and ownership of the Mumbai IPL team, henceforth known as the Mumbai Kiwis

Burgey

Why are we so sure it’s fake news? That latest article seems to have more details in terms of which pitches were used etc. I’d wait for more details before dismissing anything. Best guess atm is it’s some half truth where the pitches were swapped but not for nefarious reasons.
Pitch talk is always crap. It's like your posts - mindless crap just there to pass the time before important things happen

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
pitch is always prepared by local curators . ICC is there to ensure that it isn’t a dust bowl or green mamba .
Why do you think all the pitches on which England played became flat after they lost to SL in 2019 WC in group stage ? The only non-flat pitch they got was in finals.
They're there to ensure the local country has no influence. Which they are now being accused of.

It makes zero sense for you to say England flattened out the pitches to suit themselves then didn't for the biggest game of all.

Burgey

Oh no Indian fans will be sad if India loses, how dare they
Of course they can be sad. They're well within their rights to be and you'd expect people who are passionate about it to be sad. Good on 'em.

Just as I can dare to revel in their misery as I always do yours. There's nothing wrong with any of those things.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Yes...yes they did get neutral pitches. Pitches suiting our strengths more, such as they did in 19 and 21 in England, suggests nothing.

If this accusation is true, I can't see how you can play it down by suggestions that tournaments in England suited us better. That's pretty scurrilous
No, it isn’t a neutral pitch if NZ didn’t even bother to pick spinner in WTC final.It is balantly favouring one side

Burgey

No, it isn’t a neutral pitch if NZ didn’t even bother to pick spinner in WTC final.It is balantly favouring one side
Of course it was a neutral pitch. it was in a neutral country.

It was the Switzerland of pitches.

Burgey

C0ckiness can get one so far.
I know. You'd think they would have learned after 2015 and 2019 semi finals. Or the last two WTC finals. Or the 2014 T20 WC final. Or even after watching England in the most recent Ashes. Hubris is never a good look and it invites failure.

That's why Aus wins things so often. You never see hubris from Australian players or supporters. Always humble winners. It's important, and something the new monied trash of cricket should take note of.