• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XII Results and Discussion Thread

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Red v Cricket Web Colts
Preseason Cricket - Pickford Reserve

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

The Cricket Web Colts continued their impressive buildup to the new season, batting well on a tricky surface and thrashing Cricket Web Red by 8 wickets. Shan Jasotharan made his first big score of the preseason, scoring his 106 not out from 123 balls. Dropped on 5 by Dobson, Jasotharan paced his innings exceptionally to guide his team home with more than 11 overs to spare.

Kyle Wright won the toss and took matters into his own hands immediately. He fetched considerable swing with the new white ball, and accounted for Sean Bennett and Rob Dauth in his 5th over. An over later he dismissed Gray and Robbins, achieving the spectacular feat of 4 wickets in 10 balls. The Reds slumped to 38-4 and looked in desperate in desperate form. David Kearsley played a resilient innings of 71 and Callum Thompson scored 42, but the recovery they posed was only significant enough to get CW Red to 213 all out. Wright returned for his 5th wicket and Nick Hancock returned exceptionally late in the innings to take 4 wickets.

Dave Watt started off with a sparkling first over at Jasotharan, beating the bat on 4 occasions in the 5 balls he bowled to the Colts wicketkeeper-batsman. But unlike Wright, he could not maintain the intensity and fell away to conceed 43 runs, wicketless for 7 overs. He had Daniel Towns bowled off a noball for 19, however. Towns continued his excellent batting form and, aside from his little mishap against Watt, eased to 34 on the trying pitch. He was out mistiming a slower ball to long-off, giving Thompson his first wicket. Arunava Das took his place at the crease, searching for form, and played an easy innings of 36 in support of Jasotharan.

Nayak fetched an outside edge to add a wicket to his tally and give the Reds some small glimmer of hope. The score was then 161-2 after 32.2 overs, and Jasotharan and Butler needed just 6.1 overs to score 54 runs and achieve victory.

Cricket Web Red 213 all out (48.4 overs)
DA Kearsley 71 [100], CP Thompson 42 [55], GKK Dobson 29 [48]
KS Wright 5-33 [10], NR Hancock 4-37 [8.4]

Cricket Web Colts 215-2 (38.3 overs)
S Jasotharan 106* [123], AS Das 36 [46], DP Towns 34 [42]
CP Thompson 1-30 [6]

Cricket Web Colts won by 8 wickets.
Man of the Match: S Jasotharan

Cricket Web Blue v Cricket Web Under-19
Preseason Cricket - CWBCC Stadium

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

The Cricket Web Blue bowlers gave their most convincing showing of the preseason to date, though they struggled against a surprising 10th wicket partnership in their win over Cricket Web Under-19. Ryan Dunn, a Blue seamer by trade, was the surprising menace. He scored 24 in support of Will Kerr, as the two frustrated with a partnership of 53 for the final wicket of the game.

Largely due to the prolific swing bowling of Matt Smith, the Under-19 top order crumbled in chasing a moderate 212 for victory. Some 12 runs came from the first two overs of the innings, then Smith set about removing both openers in the space of three overs. Smith then induced a thin outside by Scott and Sean Fuller entered the madness in removing Zac Ritchie's offstump. The score, a woeful 57-4, would have been worse if not for the batting of Jack Ullungura. But he too was out, caught at lone slip off Fuller at 64-6.

Wickets continued to tumble and at 93-8 there was little left in the game. But Kerr was in fighting spirits, and he did so first with the support of Gundry, then that of Dunn. By the time Smith returned to finally dismiss Dunn, CW U-19 needed an achievable 38 from 28 balls - a testament to the excellent innings of Kerr.

Earlier Robert Cribb played a similarly outstanding rearguard innings. His was a 102-ball vigil for an important 56 runs. Dunn tore through the Blue top order, leaving Wilshere and Cribb to rebuild from 64-4. Wilshere was smartly caught by Gough on 35, but Currie and Gooljar gave ample support to get the Blues past 200.

Cricket Web Blue 211-8 (50 overs)
RGEWS Cribb 56 [102], BL Wilshere 35 [57], BJ Goff 34 [35]
RG Dunn 3-28 [10], KJ Gough 2-44 [10]

Cricket Web Under-19 174 all out (45.2 overs)
WA Kerr 53 [80], J Ullungura 35 [53], RG Dunn 24 [45]
MJ Smith 4-31 [9.2], SE Fuller 3-32 [6]

Cricket Web Blue won by 37 runs.
Man of the Match: RGEWS Cribb

Cricket Web Green v Cricket Web Black
Preseason Cricket - CW Oval

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Andrew Garven continued his thumping good form, adding another beautifully-paced hundred to another Cricket Web Green win. Garven expertly summed up the pace and bounce of the surface, showing up the powerful Black batting order, as they struggled to do the same later in the game.

Ash Chaulk inserted the Greens in the hope of exploiting the early seam movement at the CW Oval. Nath Patrick bowled an excellent early spell and was rewarded with the cheap wicket of Rob Malone. Garven and Hogarth consolidated the early loss, and when the latter was bowled by Richards attempting to up the ante, the score was 90-2 after 24.5 overs. Anthony Lezama backed away and cut his first ball to the boundary, and his innings of 42 came at a run-a-ball and added urgency to the cause.

At the other end the captain arrived at his 50 and set his feet for a final assault. From 55 off 87 balls, Garven's final 66 runs took just 50 balls. He challenged the bowling of Pickup, then Kexing Su. A powerful pull shot for four was followed by a massive straight drive for six against Su. The following over Garven got from 93 to a century in the space of two balls, breaking out the slog sweep against Gelman to exceptional effect. Lezama backed away and was bowled by Su, but Dubb-Lynch kept the momentum, launching two sixes off Cloete in the following over. Garven added a third for good measure. Patrick returned to the attack with a noball and Garven lifted it nonchalantly over the midwicket boundary - a fourth six. The next ball brought relief, however, due to a terrible call by Dubb-Lynch that resulted in the captain's demise.

Gelman returned from the early bashing he received and bowled to great effect alongside Patrick at death. The Green innings slowed, but a total of 266-7 was commendable from the innings origins. Some 172 runs were scored off the final 25 overs of the innings.

In the early going of their chase, CW Black moved smoothly to 26-0 after 5 overs. Electric fielding by Speirs then dealt for Markus, and barring Cloete, none of the top order looked settled from then on. Stedman and Chaulk fell cheaply and Armstrong's promising 22 was ended by another messy run out. As Arnold chipped Halsey to Malone at short midwicket a ball later, the result seemed in little doubt - 98-6. Gelman continued his crusade of defiance though, and scored 47 from 69 balls before he was last out to Speirs. Pickup, Patrick and Kexing Su were surprising measures of support, and all notched useful scores in support of Gelman.

Cricket Web Green 266-7 (50 overs)
AJ Garven 121 [135], A Lezama 42 [42], DY Dubb-Lynch 34 [24]
NL Patrick 2-36 [10], Kexing Su 2-52 [10]

Cricket Web Black 210 all out (47.3 overs)
ZE Gelman 47 [69], AP Cloete 36 [40], NS Pickup/NL Patrick 22 [24/28]
TC Halsey 3-43 [10], XPA Rose 2-44 [10]

Cricket Web Green won by 56 runs.
Man of the Match: AJ Garven:ph34r:

Cloete

International Captain
Darn.

Dunno how we failed with a batting line-up like that. Gelman playing well though throghout.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fantastic perfromance from the Colts. A little disapointed we couldn't restrict Red to under 213, however what was most pleasing is that we were able to chase down the target with absolute ease. A total like this has been challenging to us in the past. Fantastic innings from Jasotharn and fine bowling from Nick and myself. Hopefully another win in the next OD game can boost our confidence even more for the season proper.

oz_fan

International Regular
Disappointing to see both the U/19's and Black lose. Not happy with my performance in that game either.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
ahahaahahahaha i never knew i could pass 5 or double figures best innings ever from me and very well played too Kerr

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:( Possibly my worst OD bowling effort to date, thankfully it came in the warm-up, things can only get better for both myself & Reds. Good to see Kears amongst the runs again though :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Yikes, that was brutal. I hope that's the only time I'll see ducks for both Rob and Marc. 12 wides to boot. :sleep:

Well played Colts, I suppose.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
and you stole my man of the match award lol.....

not often u score 190 and dont get the MOM....well done mate!
He's got a good point, actually :p good spirit, Bugs.
Fantastic perfromance from the Colts...fine bowling from Nick and myself...
Nah, I'm just a glory-stealer :laugh: you did the hard work Kyle, good to see you're well and truly blasting back into form.
Good, early signs, Colts.

Loony BoB

International Captain
More than happy with that. :) Good to see Jaso getting some good runs at the top of the order, and also good to see all the bowlers doing a job and restricting them so well.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Dissapointed with the effort of us Reds in that game, batting was pretty substandard and bowling wasn't pretty as Hak said, with 12 wides. Only Shaun Tait can get away with that :)

Peronslaly exstatic with 71 runs, bit slow but needed a steadier with the team at 4 - 38. Thomo having a blinder of a pre-season aswell. Hope the form wil stay around.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
well done greenys...good knock skipper.....excellent work guys. good solid performance.....sorry i went cheaply.........dont know why i didnt get another man of the match lol.......though my 6 was a solid 6 hahahahaha (best six i have ever scored)