• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XII Results and Discussion Thread

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing start from Blue, but I'm glad I rectified my average bowling performance from the first game.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Fantastic performnace from REDS, Clapham, Hak and co made it a well deserved victory.

Disappointing performance from the U19's though i am happy with scoring some runs and offering a bit with the ball. Should be able to improve on that perfromance tho.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Great win for Blacks. Gelman and Pickup gunning it as usual. Some wickets and runs for me as well. :)

And I can't believe I didn't notice it before during signup, but my last name is Syed.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great win for Blacks. Gelman and Pickup gunning it as usual. Some wickets and runs for me as well. :)

And I can't believe I didn't notice it before during signup, but my last name is Syed.
Heh, then you mispelt your surname in your signup. Because it says Syd.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The a decent performace overall from the Under 19 players. But we are lacking a bit of consistency overall across four innings so far. A lot of that comes down to the experience of the players. Kev bowled well in both innings and hopefully showed the Black management his got what it takes to be a good FC bowler. A solid performance with the ball for May-Quinlan and Reddlapalli to support Gough. The spinner did an ok job, but we probably lack the strike power for someone like George Roberts.

Batting wise the top order is looking pretty solid, with a bit for domestic form Luff and Hopgood could have cemented a spot as the new Under 19 opening combination. But Ullungura showed his potential in the 2nd innings, unlucky to miss out on the 50. Some good aggressive batting from Reddlapalli and Dwyer to get us some sort of total to defend. The middle order failure in both innings was worrying, but a lot of that had to do with the quality of Pickup really.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Good win for Reds. I need to start doing better in the first innings. Still a 5-fer is not bad.

Good stuff from Nayak, Clapo, Haakon, and Dobson as well.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
2 fair performances from the U'19s, but as Tharmi says we have lacked that experience to push home good situations.

Its a good learning experience and lets hope we pull a few upsets before pre-season is over.

Josh

International Regular
All happy reports from the Green's clubhouse. Disappointed not to show my lower-order prowess with the bat ;) plenty more time for that, though!

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Towns! You Absolute Gun!!

Why Did You Waste Your Best Innings In A Meaningless Warmup??

You better hope you have another one in you! (which I'm sure you do) Or else!

Last edited: