• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 10 Squad Assignments

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
And for the record, at Blue we are a very active team, a great bunch of mates who get on really well and any new faces are of course welcome. Our bowling is pretty much sorted out as far as I know, but an extra batsman or two would be awesome if you`re interested.

And then there`s our record. We contested both OD and FC finals while other teams were in disharmony and even struggling to get a team on the field.

Best. Club. Ever. :)
Im sure that will be sorted soon ;)

Blaze

Banned
Nnanden said:
It`d be great if Currie got more opportunites this season, every time he`s played for Blue he`s been excellent. Get him in there I say. :happy:

Thanks for the support.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Nnanden said:
We contested both OD and FC finals while other teams were in disharmony and even struggling to get a team on the field.
The only reason others have struggled to get a side out is because they're all on International duty.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
marc71178 said:
The only reason others have struggled to get a side out is because they're all on International duty.
So you`re a team based on a few guys then? Great. 8-) :p

I was mainly talking about Black to be honest.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Nnanden said:
So you`re a team based on a few guys then? Great. 8-) :p

I was mainly talking about Black to be honest.
Are you referring to the point where I was forced to name a fictional ten year old as twelfth man?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Green are looking to strengthen all departments for the coming season - Batting, Pace bowling and Spinning. EVERYONE in Green who is active (shown by posting in the forum results thread and Green thread as a general rule) gets plenty of game time no matter if they are a superstar or a rookie.

my msn is age_master2001@hotmail.com is anyone has any questions please get in touch.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Part of me can't wait to get back in action for the Greater Robbham de Grooters....8-)

cricketboy29

International Regular
Matteh said:
Part of me can't wait to get back in action for the Greater Robbham de Grooters....8-)
Sort of a self-defeating attitude there, man, if you have to play grade cricket it means your not getting selected, which aint good. On my part, i certainly hope that i can be a part of red's plans and contribute to some wins.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Reds would like to confirm the rumours regarding Thamba Mamesh are true, we look forward to having his services next season.

chaminda_00 said:
I think Reds might need some extra batsmen after the inactively of Zafar Mohmamad(sp) and Karthik's retirement. But i guess Thamba might feel that requirement if the rumours are true.
Don't worry, we've another regular batsman on the way as well as Thamba.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
cricketboy29 said:
Sort of a self-defeating attitude there, man, if you have to play grade cricket it means your not getting selected, which aint good. On my part, i certainly hope that i can be a part of red's plans and contribute to some wins.
hence why only a part of me wants to play for them :p
the other part of me wants to play good dev league cricket for a team :)

cricketboy29

International Regular
33/3from3.3 said:
Onya Gaurav (hope i spelt it right:ph34r: )
Im impressed, paddy, not many get it right on the first time, or they confuse me with my brother :p.

Cool, matteh as long as you know what you want, its all good :D

Loony BoB

International Captain
I would be very sad to lose Mamesh not only as a vice captain but as someone who has spent a long time opening with him in the shorter version of the game as well as a fair amount of time in the longer. However, one thing I was always prepared for is the departure of many players as the head into the older teams, and I'll always wish them all the best - unless they're playing against the Colts. ;)

Very happy to see some of the strong players in the team opting to stay put, though :) I look forward to the season.

EDIT: I really have to fix up my firewall, too, because I want to have Trillian (MSN) working for the dev league season for sure.

EDIT AGAIN: Two hours up, I assume Liam's internet connection is once again the recently departed. ;)

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Before I announce any listings, I'd like to know which players are wanting to move from whichever club they are at now. I have already received emails from three big name players who would like to transfer and arrangements are being made for them.

If anyone else is also interested in such a move, email me at bugs at tstt [<dot>] net <[dot]> tt or add me on MSN - leeahm_the_dos @ hotmail dot com

Also, the unsigned players (those without clubs) may state the club or clubs of their interest in this thread.

Transfer News:

- Simon Fitzsimmons chose not to renew his contract with Cricket Web Blue at the end of Season IX. He has signed for Cricket Web Black for the upcoming Season X.
- Thamba Mamesh has chosen to advance his career with a move to the Cricket Web Red top order.
- Brendon Goff, Alex Feeney, Nathan Hoy and Daniel Rai have left Cricket Web Green in pursuit of various other clubs. Rai adds a bit of experience to the Colts lineup, whilst Feeney has signed on to strengthen the Red batting order.
Brendon Goff has signed with Cricket Web Blue as a worthy replacement for the departed Fitzsimmons.
Nathan Hoy joins Cricket Web Black to breathe new life into a depleted seam attack.
- Rich Langley has been released by Cricket Web Red to the free agent market.
- Sudeep Popat was released by Cricket Web Blue this morning in a move that Blue chairman Liam Camps (senior) is to give more opportunities to youn Currie as the second spinner in the squad.
Popat was signed from the free agent market by Cricket Web Green.
- Bharanidharan signed with Cricket Web Colts and was traded to Cricket Web Green for Pooja Bharat.
- Inzamam Desi traded from Cricket Web Black to Cricket Web Green for Harry Warwick.

Rookie Assignments:
MJ Pitt (Colts)
MT Mitchell (Green)
NG Scott (Green)
HG Warwick (Green)
PG Gundry (Green)
DS Singh (Green)
I Desi (Black)
GM Roberts (Black)

Unsigned Players:
These players may be signed by any team with a first come first serve provision. The player will ultimately get a say in the choice of clubs though. Teams with less than 16 players get first preference.

RA Langley - batsman (FROM RED)
CL Kalmar - allrounder/offspin (FROM BLACK)

The basic squads. These squads may be altered with transfers pre-season:

Cricket Web Red (16)
DJ Watt (C) - bowler/fast
H Moerk (wk) - batsman
JR Gray (wk) - batsman
T Mamesh (wk) - batsman (FROM COLTS)
AL Feeney - batsman/legspin (FROM GREEN) - pending confirmation of activity
GKK Dobson - batsman
I Markus - batsman/offspin
RJ Dauth - batsman
JE Stedman - batsman
SA Bennett - allrounder/legspin
GN Nayak - allrounder/medium fast
MJ Robbins - batsman/medium
DM Kennett - bowler/fast medium
NA Borcich - bowler/fast
T Loganathan - bowler/offspin
RE Edmunds - bowler/fast

Cricket Web Colts (16)
KS Wright (C) - bowler/fast medium
SJ Burke (wk) - batsman
S Jasotharan (wk) - batsman
DP Towns - batsman
AS Das - batsman
P Bharat - batsman (FROM GREEN)
JB Malthus-Howell - batsman
MJ Pitt - batsman/offspin [rookie]
G Nayak - batsman/fast medium
AJ Fensome - allrounder/left batsman/offspin [rookie]
DK Rai - allrounder/legspin (FROM GREEN)
NR Hancock - allrounder/medium fast
DJ Comley - allrounder/left chinaman
JP McNamara - bowler/left offspin
GM Thomas - bowler/fast
CD McKern - bowler/fast

Cricket Web Green (16)
AJ Garven (C) - batsman
A Lezama (wk) - batsman
Bharanidharan (wk) - batsman [rookie] (FROM COLTS)
PR Sajith - batsman/fast medium
I Desi - batsman [rookie] (FROM BLACK)
DS Singh - batsman [rookie]
NG Scott - batsman [rookie]
RJ Malone - allrounder/fast medium
RG Verghese - allrounder/offspin
TV Weber - allrounder/left legspin
SC Popat - allrounder/legspin (FROM BLUE)
BC Cunningham - allrounder/fast
XPA Rose - bowler/fast
AA Cameron - bowler/fast medium
MT Mitchell - bowler/fast medium [rookie]
PG Gundry - bowler/legspin [rookie]

Cricket Web Blue (16)
LA Camps (C) - allrounder/fast medium
D Jellett (wk) - batsman
A Crampton (wk) - batsman
AP Cloete - batsman
PE Young - batsman
BL Wilshere - batsman
BJ Goff - batsman (FROM GREEN)
RGEWS Cribb - batsman/legspin
MW DeSilva - batsman/fast medium
SE Fuller - allrounder/fast medium
MJC Currie - allrounder/offspin
NL Patrick - bowler/fast
AAA Collins - bowler/left medium
TJ Demeza - bowler/left fast
TC Halsey - bowler/legspin
MS Smith - bowler/medium [rookie]

Cricket Web Black (16)
NS Pickup (C) - bowler/legspin
AP Chaulk (wk) - batsman
DY Dubb-Lynch (wk) - batsman
CR Butler - batsman
SG Fitzsimmons - batsman (FROM BLUE)
DA Kearsley - batsman
S Jones - batsman
AJ Blackman - batsman
MW Wilson - allrounder/fast
CP Thompson - allrounder/fast
CB Benjamin - allrounder/medium
NS Hoy - bowler/fast (FROM GREEN)
DP Richards - bowler/left offspin
GS Gooljar - bowler/legspin
GM Roberts - bowler/legspin [rookie]
HG Warwick - allrounder/fast [rookie] (FROM GREEN)

EDIT: A copy of this post has been added to the first post in this thread.

Last edited: