• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently he shot her in a drunken rage when he was at a party. Strange. I don't think they can sack Andy Robinson as coach this close to the World Cup, and it's not all his fault. Some of the players he is dealing with are very poor, plus the constant fighting between club and country in England is ridiculous. I just feel sorry for him now, I mean he can't be that much of an idiot, some of the blame has to lie with the players.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Perm said:
Another interesting point, I heard on a rugby program today that Augustin Pichot the Argentinian halfback was quoted as saying that "Felipe Contepomi is a better first five eight than Daniel Carter" What do you guys think about this? I think that if Contepomi had been brought up in a country with more rugby infrastructure he would've been about equal with Carter, maybe even better.
Well, Contepomi is a true first five. I wouldn't really call Carter a true first five, but then again the All Blacks hardly play a kicking game.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
We're just a mess now. We aren't even getting consistent ball from set-pieces anymore. Credit to Argentina, but really they weren't at their best & (damningly) they didn't have to be. Hodgson had an absolute mare & probably got the biggest cheer of the day when he was subbed off for Flood, who wasn't an improvement.

Only slight ray of hope was the Boks looking just as mediocre as we did.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
steds said:
*Giggles*
The really galling thing is that I must've spunked about £120 on watching that shower of poo yesterday: £50 for ticket, £20 for train & the rest on "refreshments". 8-)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
King's Cross. Then underground to Vauxhall, train to Wansworth for our regular pre-Twickers pub, then train to Twickenham for match.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
^ Seems like a lot of hassle.

Australia v Italy was a dire game, so unsatisfying to watch.

Was great to watch NZ smash France though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
KennyD said:
^ Seems like a lot of hassle.
Have to put in the hard yards. :p

While I remember, I'd just like to say that our booing of the Argentine kicker has an effing disgrace. I'd sooner lose as an Englishman than win as a Frenchman. :@

BoyBrumby

Englishman
KennyD said:
Not worth it in the end though, right? ;)
No. No it wasn't. I was sorta hoping I'd at least be able to say I was there for Andy Robinson's last game as coach, but he seems determined to cling on like grim death. :D

PY

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
No. No it wasn't. I was sorta hoping I'd at least be able to say I was there for Andy Robinson's last game as coach, but he seems determined to cling on like grim death. :D
Argies are higher than us in the rankings now. :mellow:

Seems like Robinson & the England setup are intent on blaming the players at this stage. Looks like chances of new captain and new fly-half for Saturday by the tone of Andrews today.

Who would you replace Robinson with at this stage anyway?

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
PY said:
Argies are higher than us in the rankings now. :mellow:

Seems like Robinson & the England setup are intent on blaming the players at this stage. Looks like chances of new captain and new fly-half for Saturday by the tone of Andrews today.

Andrew is probably the only realistic choice, although Richard Hill has done wonders down at Bristol this year.

Looking further afield I wouldn't mind someone like Mitchell, Gatland or Nick Mallett getting a go.

Of course the patriotic choice is Martin Johnson, but that would be a huge call from anyone. :happy:

PY

International Coach
I was thinking Richards/Hill i.e. old timer who might breath fire into the squad. Something needs to be fired up, that's for sure.

I wouldn't mind Johnson taking on a coaching role to be honest but not head coach.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
PY said:
Joe Lydon with Andy Gregory and Dave Rotheram assisting him. Need some RL men to sort them out.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
steds said:
Joe Lydon with Andy Gregory and Dave Rotheram assisting him. Need some RL men to sort them out.
Lydon's had his crack. He was turd. It was probably his idea to sign Farrell too.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Lydon's had his crack. He was turd. It was probably his idea to sign Farrell too.
Lydon's had a crack at working with a bunch of useless backs in the middle of Mr. Robinson's abject reign. He's not ****ing Jesus! :p

Probably was his idea to sign Farrell, though...

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seeing as how John Mitchell and Warren Gatland are both coaching in the Southern Hemisphere I think it would be unlikely that either of them would be serious contenders for the England coaching job unless they go back and do a season in England. Besides, I think Gatland still has a good shot at coaching the All Black's with Colin Cooper and I think he would choose to stay with Waikato.