• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to India in Australia 2014/15

So, who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cnerd123

likes this
I still reckon India need to play 5 bowlers throughout the whole series; and given the lack of a decent pace bowling allrounder, it means both Ashwin and Jadeja need to play.

Also Aus should pick Lyon. As Moeen Ali showed, the Indians are prone to play loose shots against spin when they are under pressure.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Mitch is the X factor. If he breaks arms then everyone else including Lyon benefits from the other end.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Rohit will do alright as long as there isn't too much movement in the air or off the wicket. His lazy footwork will probably be ruthlessly exploited by Harris (assuming he plays a part in the series) and he'll constantly get out caught behind but I'm quietly confident he'll do well against the short stuff and cope reasonably well with the bounce. Guys like Dhawan on the other hand are a bit poor against both so like dermo I'll be surprised if he averages more than 30. Pretty sure one of the openers will be dropped midway through the series and we'll see Rahul or maybe Rahane open at some point.

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
lol @ not starting Vijay.

Only Indian batsman who came out of the England series with added credit in the bank.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ashwin can bat too.

The toss is going to be very important this series. If we keep losing the toss, we'll struggle IMO.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
To my fellow Indian fans: I will be attending every test match on this tour.

4-0 Australia.
Didn't end up going to all matches due to the rescheduling.

Matches attended by Jono:

Adelaide - No --> Loss
Brisbane - No --> Loss
Melbourne - Yes --> Draw
Sydney - Yes --> ??????

The curse is turning. Slowly.