• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarters/Semis/Final General Discussion

Dissector

International Debutant
It will be either Australia or SL, so interesting either way.

BTW is there a schedule of which lists the date and venue of the quarter-final lineups. So for example where does the A1 versus B4 game take place? I can't seem to find this anywhere.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So, I was thinking, if this tournament has Super 8s, how would they look? Working on the basis that points carry over and you only play the teams not in your group.

England - 5 pts
South Africa - 4 pts
Pakistan - 4 pts
Sri Lanka - 3 pts
Australia - 3 pts
New Zealand - 2 pts
India - 1 pt (1 to play)
West Indies - 0 pts (1 to play)

:whistling

Dissector

International Debutant
Manged to find it and it's not good news for India.

If we win tomorrow we will have to play Australia in Dhaka. If we win that one we have to play the semi in Colombo.

If we lose we will play our quarters against SL in Ahmedabad and the semis in Mohali.

Frankly we might be better off losing tomorrow but that means we won't have a single win against a non-minnow going into the quarters.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Don't think that's right mate, India play their Quarter in India, the venues will be changed to make that happen

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
It will be either Australia or SL, so interesting either way.

BTW is there a schedule of which lists the date and venue of the quarter-final lineups. So for example where does the A1 versus B4 game take place? I can't seem to find this anywhere.
India is surely screwed. Both are tough teams to beat. Sri Lanka has amazing bowlers. Australian bowling is much better than India.

We really stand no chance against Australia. We have won matches against Sri Lanka in WC before so best thing is to lose against WI and try to get a win against Sri Lanka.

This is all Dhoni and team's fault. ****ty bowling, fielding, batting and captaincy has put us in such an uncomfortable position.

We should have won the match against England and the way things were going against SA while batting that should have been a victory too. But no they ****ed up twice.

I am not going to watch India quarter final match because I know I will suffer a heart attack if they lose. Please India if you have any dignity left, you better win QF. These bull**** IPL matches and test matches mean nothing if you can't perform well in world cup.

Howe_zat

Audio File

India win

Pakistan vs West Indies
Sri Lanka vs England
Australia vs India
New Zealand vs South Africa

West Indies win
Pakistan vs England
Sri Lanka vs India
Australia vs West Indies
Also, in the event of a tie or washout:

Pakistan vs England
Sri Lanka vs West Indies
Australia vs India

So NZ-SA is the first confirmed quarter final. The winner of the India-West Indies match gets to play the Aussies.

Pakistan-India is also still possible if the West Indies hammer India enough to send them down below England on NRR (I haven't worked it out exactly but it would take a victory of about 210 runs). This would also have England play Sri Lanka.

Last edited:

Dissector

International Debutant
Don't think that's right mate, India play their Quarter in India, the venues will be changed to make that happen
I didn't know that. That's why most of the schedules don't give the QF matchups, I suppose. So does anyone know the date and venue of India's qf given the two outcomes tomorrow?

Howe_zat

Audio File
I didn't know that. That's why most of the schedules don't give the QF matchups, I suppose. So does anyone know the date and venue of India's qf given the two outcomes tomorrow?
The only QF scheduled in India is the one on 24th March at Ahmedabad. Regardless of who they're playing, India will play it there.

Dissector

International Debutant
These bull**** IPL matches and test matches mean nothing if you can't perform well in world cup.
Tbh, being test no.1 means more to me than the world cup. I would trade one big test series for the world cup but not the no.1 ranking.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
Tbh, being test no.1 means more to me than the world cup. I would trade one big test series for the world cup but not the no.1 ranking.
Typical Indian mentality. If you can't do well in big things in life then settle for something smaller.

Nah. To me WORLD CUP matters the most. Test series and other stuff are second rate.

Dhoni has that mentality too.

BeeGee

International Captain
Been thinking of who I would rather New Zealand play, South Africa or India?

Of course, I would like us to play the Windies, but that is not likely to happen now.

I think we are a better shot against South Africa in the subcontinent. The Indians will score 400 and their spinners will tie us down, if not necessarily run through us like the Sri Lankans do.

Many of the New Zealand batsmen have never faced Steyn or Morkel before but I am more confident our bowlers can hold their own then against the Indians in home conditions.

What do the other NZer posters think?
South Africa. Which is who we will be playing in the QF.
Not very confident, tbh. We either need all our players to play out of their skins or for SA to choke when they look like they're cruising to victory.

What day will the NZ v SA QF be?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Typical Indian mentality. If you can't do well in big things in life then settle for something smaller.

Nah. To me WORLD CUP matters the most. Test series and other stuff are second rate.

Dhoni has that mentality too.
Look, I've never been to India so I could be wrong, but I've always been under the impression that 'Typical Indian mentality was pro-ODIs.

You're entitled to your own opinion but the bulk of international cricketers probably care more about Tests.

Teja.

Global Moderator
lolwut?

The opinion of what format people consider most important differs from person to person.

Personally, I'd have traded in this WC and the 1983 one if that means we auto-win in England and Oz this year.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India is surely screwed. Both are tough teams to beat. Sri Lanka has amazing bowlers. Australian bowling is much better than India.

We really stand no chance against Australia. We have won matches against Sri Lanka in WC before so best thing is to lose against WI and try to get a win against Sri Lanka.

This is all Dhoni and team's fault. ****ty bowling, fielding, batting and captaincy has put us in such an uncomfortable position.

We should have won the match against England and the way things were going against SA while batting that should have been a victory too. But no they ****ed up twice.

I am not going to watch India quarter final match because I know I will suffer a heart attack if they lose. Please India if you have any dignity left, you better win QF. These bull**** IPL matches and test matches mean nothing if you can't perform well in world cup.
LOL.

z

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
Assuming India beats West Indies :

1. First QF - Pakistan vs. West Indies at Mirpur - March 23.

2. Second QF - India vs. Australia at Ahmedabad - March 24.

3. Third QF - South Africa vs. New Zealand at Mirpur - March 25.

4. Fourth QF - Sri Lanka vs. England at Colombo - March 26.

Semi Final - Winner of 1 vs. 2(at Mohali if India win or if India loses and Sri Lanka wins, else at Colombo) and 3 vs. 4(at Mohali if India and Sri Lanka lose)

If India loses to West Indies :

1. First QF - Pakistan vs. England at Mirpur - March 23.

2. Second QF - India vs. Sri Lanka at Ahmedabad - March 24.

3. Third QF - Australia vs. West Indies at Mirpur - March 25.

4. Fourth QF - South Africa vs. New Zealand at Colombo - March 26.

Semi Finals - Winner of 1 vs. 3(at Colombo) and 2 vs. 4(at Mohali)

Lostman

State Captain
Swann bowling to our (SL) middle order at the Premadasa really scares me.
Fear of an English spinner FFS, what has the world come to.