• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** Quadrangular Series in Ireland

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
His bowling is utter tripe against good batsmen. Since the likes of Watts, Haq, Poonia and Watson are nowhere near international standard really he can get away with it and his bowling looks good.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Can not believe the criticism over Ryan’s bowling, ten Doeschate was gun all-rounder on this forum before anyone saw him bowl. :happy:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can not believe the criticism over Ryan’s bowling, ten Doeschate was gun all-rounder on this forum before anyone saw him bowl. :happy:
Haha yeah, he dominates at this level. Bowled a few overs for Essex though, been nothing but garbage really.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Haha yeah, he dominates at this level. Bowled a few overs for Essex though, been nothing but garbage really.
Ryan use to be a decent enough county bowler. Bowled with more than a good lick and he was rather slippery but he seems to have lost a lot of confidence with his bowling, possibly due to the added 'reasonability' Essex have had to put on him with all their injuries, which has meant Ryan is sometimes bowling first change. But I agree at this level his far too good with bat or ball, shame he could not feature against the West Indies.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ryan use to be a decent enough county bowler. Bowled with more than a good lick and he was rather slippery but he seems to have lost a lot of confidence with his bowling, possibly due to the added 'reasonability' Essex have had to put on him with all their injuries, which has meant Ryan is sometimes bowling first change. But I agree at this level his far too good with bat or ball, shame he could not feature against the West Indies.
Admittedly I've only been following his progress with Essex this season so I can't comment too much on what kind of bowler he used to be, especially as I've never seen him bowl. It's pretty ridiculous that he should be bowling first change, yet that has happened a couple of times, IMO he should come on maybe as a second change bowler, or after Danish Kaneria as the 5th bowler, depending on the match situation. He dominates like no other, with the exception of Steve Tikolo, and I was really unhappy he couldn't play against the West Indies. Would've made a huge difference to the Dutch side.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
when Ten Doeschate plays, the whole team has a confidence lift...I mean Mol isn't that good..and he's taking 2 wickets...and boy is he a flash from the past!
I like the new coach holland has, he seems to do the team well, since a lot of important players retired or aren't playing, i'm quite impressed how Holland is doing, i'd expected a big big big beating by the Irish, and that didn't happen, just the luck of the irish haha!
Scotland I didn't know, and we seem to be on the better hand, and should win this one if it wouldn't rain.
West-Indies was dissapointing indeed, but a lot of these players have never been exposed to A team quality, so you can always expect a severe beating by any test country for a few more years, meanwhile Holland should really start winning against associates again!

im at the moment pretty positive about dutch cricket, in short term that is, in long term i'm not so sure as of yet...been playing the highest u18 level this year a few matches and ive not been impressed by the standard shown, or the guys that they call the big talents...yes theyve got some talents, and yeah they got potential, but they are no international standard, and I think very few of them ever will.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
when Ten Doeschate plays, the whole team has a confidence lift...I mean Mol isn't that good..and he's taking 2 wickets...and boy is he a flash from the past!
I like the new coach holland has, he seems to do the team well, since a lot of important players retired or aren't playing, i'm quite impressed how Holland is doing, i'd expected a big big big beating by the Irish, and that didn't happen, just the luck of the irish haha!
Scotland I didn't know, and we seem to be on the better hand, and should win this one if it wouldn't rain.
West-Indies was dissapointing indeed, but a lot of these players have never been exposed to A team quality, so you can always expect a severe beating by any test country for a few more years, meanwhile Holland should really start winning against associates again!

im at the moment pretty positive about dutch cricket, in short term that is, in long term i'm not so sure as of yet...been playing the highest u18 level this year a few matches and ive not been impressed by the standard shown, or the guys that they call the big talents...yes theyve got some talents, and yeah they got potential, but they are no international standard, and I think very few of them ever will.
Like 3yrs before 10dulkar playing in the side, Indians will pick up their performance.