• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What I've watched so far is good, though I only recently watched the Iron Man match but it's still a great, great match. Will watch the rest at the weekend (watching ECW and Smackdown tomorrow night) but I reckon he should get a 3-DVD boxset sometime soon.

Reckon Jericho is also due one. Had a discussion with my mates, saying that there would need to be about 3 or 4 matches with Benoit (thinking the 3-way with Angle at WM 2000, the 2 out of 3 at Summerslam 2000 and the ladder match at RR 2001 straight up) but would they be included? Apparently there are Benoit matches on the Edge DVD though so no bother

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
What I've watched so far is good, though I only recently watched the Iron Man match but it's still a great, great match. Will watch the rest at the weekend (watching ECW and Smackdown tomorrow night) but I reckon he should get a 3-DVD boxset sometime soon.

Reckon Jericho is also due one. Had a discussion with my mates, saying that there would need to be about 3 or 4 matches with Benoit (thinking the 3-way with Angle at WM 2000, the 2 out of 3 at Summerslam 2000 and the ladder match at RR 2001 straight up) but would they be included? Apparently there are Benoit matches on the Edge DVD though so no bother
Didn't they have an awesome ladder match at Rumble 2001 as well? They won't be included anyway, and I'm pretty sure they weren't on Edge's DVD.

masterblaster

International Captain
Smackdown was great again this week as was ECW and they continue their trend being the best two wrestling shows on television. Jeff Hardy vs Chris Jericho was a solid match and a match up between Chris Jericho and Rey Mysterio is exciting.

Edge was awesome on commentary as well. Great to see Charlie Haas aligned with Shelton Benjamin and he had a great match with John Morrison. I've stopped watching Raw now with Smackdown and ECW being so good.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Firstly I am pretty pissed of because my sky+ box chose not to record ECW last night for some reason. I think it's on Sky Sports tomorrow night so if I don't go out I might try and catch it.

Alas, Smackdown was pretty cool again tonight. Jeff, Edge, Mysterio & Jericho are all making it a great show, Jericho-Jeff was really good, and it will be interesting watching Jericho and RMJ go at it at Judgment Day (don't think that it's announced yet but it seems obvious that Y2J will get a shot at his 9th IC strap). Morrison & Shelton has potential as well, even though I hoped Morrison would be getting a programme with Jericho.

Smackdown is definitely superior to Raw at the minute, I won't stop watching raw because in all honesty living alone it's great to have wrestling of any kind to watch, but the difference between the shows once the dust settled on the draft isn't far off the difference in quality between WWF and WCW in 2000, although Raw hasn;t quite plummeted to those depths (and ironically 2000 was the only year I ever watched Nitro regularly as I never had the channel in its glory days!!).

So looking at Judgment Day it seems we have the following:

Edge V Jeff
Orton V Batista
Christian V Swagger
CM Punk V Umaga
Jericho V RMJ
Cena V Show

Maybe Morrison V Benjamin?

I'll tell you what, that's a bloody strong card. I'm not a fan of big wrestlers, ergo Umaga and Show aren't people I'd personally pay to watch, but every match I've listed there (aside from Morrison and Benjamin, though it's a good upper-midcard match) could be a main event feasibly. if it's done properly this could be a really great PPV which makes me really mad that i won't be seeing it :(

In other news I found out today that I have absolutely nothing to do on Sunday, look out for my commentary on the wrestling DVDs I am going to spend the day watching :D

masterblaster

International Captain
Firstly I am pretty pissed of because my sky+ box chose not to record ECW last night for some reason. I think it's on Sky Sports tomorrow night so if I don't go out I might try and catch it.

Alas, Smackdown was pretty cool again tonight. Jeff, Edge, Mysterio & Jericho are all making it a great show, Jericho-Jeff was really good, and it will be interesting watching Jericho and RMJ go at it at Judgment Day (don't think that it's announced yet but it seems obvious that Y2J will get a shot at his 9th IC strap). Morrison & Shelton has potential as well, even though I hoped Morrison would be getting a programme with Jericho.

Smackdown is definitely superior to Raw at the minute, I won't stop watching raw because in all honesty living alone it's great to have wrestling of any kind to watch, but the difference between the shows once the dust settled on the draft isn't far off the difference in quality between WWF and WCW in 2000, although Raw hasn;t quite plummeted to those depths (and ironically 2000 was the only year I ever watched Nitro regularly as I never had the channel in its glory days!!).

So looking at Judgment Day it seems we have the following:

Edge V Jeff
Orton V Batista
Christian V Swagger
CM Punk V Umaga
Jericho V RMJ
Cena V Show

Maybe Morrison V Benjamin?

I'll tell you what, that's a bloody strong card. I'm not a fan of big wrestlers, ergo Umaga and Show aren't people I'd personally pay to watch, but every match I've listed there (aside from Morrison and Benjamin, though it's a good upper-midcard match) could be a main event feasibly. if it's done properly this could be a really great PPV which makes me really mad that i won't be seeing it :(

In other news I found out today that I have absolutely nothing to do on Sunday, look out for my commentary on the wrestling DVDs I am going to spend the day watching :D
It's a pretty solid card there, the only weak link I can see in that line up is John Cena vs Big Show. Would've liked John Morrison to feud with Jericho as well but a Morrison vs Benjamin feud is fine by me as well. Those guys would produce some spectacular matches.

Chris Jericho vs Rey Mysterio should be a great match. They are such good friends and have known each other a long time, so they shouldn't have any problem putting together a good match. I see Jericho being a contender for the World Heavyweight Championship so I see Rey winning here.

CM Punk vs Umaga is an interesting one as Umaga's style is a lot like Samoa Joe's only less refined and more on the 'savage' side. We all know what great chemistry CM Punk and Samoa Joe had in their ROH days and I think Punk is comfortable in working with that type of wrestler. I'd imagine they'd have a solid but not spectacular match.

Christian vs Swagger is another interesting one. Christian should go over otherwise his title win is a bit of a joke. But with Swagger losing, what do you do with him? You could have Swagger move onto a feud with Tommy Dreamer, end up retiring Dreamer giving Swagger a huge push and making him out to be the guy that ended Tommy Dreamer's career. Of course Swagger could move to another brand through some creative loophole.

Randy Orton vs Batista, why would Batista win? He's looked terrible since coming back from injury. Orton has to be the guy to carry Raw at the moment, and I hope they give a fresh challenger like MVP instead of the same recycled rubbish.

Edge vs Jeff, well Jeff can't and shouldn't win right? He hasn't even re signed with the company yet and could be taking some time off.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I just don't enjoy watching the heavy guys all that much in all honesty

masterblaster you are right about Jericho & Mysterio. In fact the first time I set eyes on both of them was around 97/98 when I was staying at a mate's. We watched both Raw & Nitro, flicking between the two as in the UK they used to go head-to-head for an hour on a Friday night, and Jericho was on Nitro cutting a great heel promo and then attacking Mysterio. I instantly became a fan of both but particularly Jericho, and as WWF was the only show I got to watch regularly (my Dad had Sky Sports but not TCM so I would watch Raw at my Dad's every week) I was desperate to see Jericho sign up, was delighted when he finally did.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
For the record, guys, the 'Jeff Hardy leaving WWE' thing was all nonsense. It was cooked up by someone who had set up a fake Facebook account in his name.

There's no suggestion in 'real life' that Jeff will be leaving WWE any time soon - hence his being booked in main event title matches on PPV. He won't win the title from Edge, but it won't be because he's leaving the company.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
When you say he 'won't' win the title, are you basing that on a source of some sort or is it just an educated opinion? I don't think he'll win it like, just wondering as you sound very sure and you're not normally so sure in your predictions :)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
When you say he 'won't' win the title, are you basing that on a source of some sort or is it just an educated opinion? I don't think he'll win it like, just wondering as you sound very sure and you're not normally so sure in your predictions :)
I'm not basing it on anything more than the fact that they've been building an Edge-Punk feud over the last two weeks on SmackDown, and if Edge doesn't have the title then that makes the feud irrelevant.

I'd expect that we'll probably get gimmick rematches of Edge-Jeff and Punk-Umaga at Extreme Rules (Edge vs Jeff Ladder Match anyone? EPIC WIN) and then we'll get Punk feuding with Edge over the title for real once Punk finally cashes in, with Umaga out of the way.

Jeff may well have the title later in the year - if they pull the trigger on a Punk heel turn then Punk vs Hardy would be all kinds of awesome - but for the moment, SmackDown needs Edge as champion for a few months after all the chaos of recent times. That's my take, anyway. :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I can see where you're coming from. Not sure that an Edge-Cm Punk full-on feud is definitely the direction they are going in. My hope really is just that CM Punk goes about pissing all of the heels off and beating them. A couple of wins over a monster like Umaga will really get him over, mind he already seems pretty over. If they are going to turn him heel they should have it happen at the crowning moment; get him more and more over them snatch him away from the people when he wins the belt.

I know he's been champ before, but I really want them to get it right this time and see him become MASSIVE.

masterblaster

International Captain
On the topic of DVDs, I've just been watching WWE's Greatest Stars of the 90s DVD and that has been really entertaining viewing so far. It's a really well produced DVD and it just goes to remind everyone that the 90s were really a great time in the industry. It's definitely a must watch for all WWE fans.

masterblaster

International Captain
It's one of many WWE DVDs I want and can't afford :(
If you can, try and get a hold of it as it's a fantastic DVD. I loved the profiles of Owen Hart, The Rock, Shawn Michaels and Sting and they've included almost everyone who was influential in the 90s.

I'm sure you can find a bargain on Ebay as I've seen plenty of brand new copies floating around there.

masterblaster

International Captain
For Barney and Geraint, what do you guys think of the new British TNA wrestler Brutus Magnus? I think he comes across as a really talented and charismatic young wrestler and at 22 I think he's got a really bright future ahead of him in TNA.

Was just on TNA Wrestling's Youtube page the other day and they had posted an out of character interview with Brutus Magnus and he really came across as a very natural talker and very humble as well. Think he could move on to bigger things. Check out the Youtube video if you can.

What are your guys opinion of him? By the way it's great to see some good British wrestlers make their way into the industry. TNA seems to be promoting a new British heel group called "The British Invasion" which seems to be a promising up and coming group.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
His book must be such a good read.
Yeah, one I'm considering ordering. Bret's one of the few wrestling related things I give a toss about these days.

@mb, I'm gutted that Davey Boy's kid didn't get a better run in WWE. He is a superb talent. Spectacular worker for his age.

Status
Not open for further replies.