• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
To me he has the arrogant style that is difficult to pull off as a face but when it's done properly it goes over huge (Michaels, Rock, Jericho). Is he that good? We'll see.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah but Kurt's run as a heel was such unadulterated awesomeness that he got himself perma-over in no time. Some of the most hilarious scenes in wrestling were as a result of him. He could get away with being a dorky heel because people loved him so much.

Guys like Morrison have nowhere near the same luxury.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I have no idea who you are talking about (haven't watched wrestling in ages now), but definitely agree that he was already over. Plus he was face during the 9-11 attacks as well, so he was always going to be a successful face. Just no good to watch other than in the ring.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, me and sledger sat linking each other to a ton of that stuff one night a couple of months back

masterblaster

International Captain
I think his personality is more suited to being a natural heel, going by his earlier work as Johnny Nitro and his work as Morrison. That said, we've never seen him as a face, and for all we know it could work really well - he seemed pretty over during his match with Shelton, and his exciting and innovative moveset will help him no end. I think his face run could be a big success - a feud with Jericho has an insane amount of potential.
I think you've summed it up perfectly here. John Morrison is easy to dislike and is a natural heel. But the people seem to be getting behind him and he's a very gifted performer. I'd love to see Chris Jericho vs John Morrison at Judgment Day and I think that has the potential to be a great match.

masterblaster

International Captain
Yeah I have no idea who you are talking about (haven't watched wrestling in ages now), but definitely agree that he was already over. Plus he was face during the 9-11 attacks as well, so he was always going to be a successful face. Just no good to watch other than in the ring.
Kurt Angle is awesome as either heel or face for me. The work he did with John Cena in 2004 as a face was tremendous but obviously Kurt Angle is the better heel. That being said, I'm not really liking his current heel run in TNA and don't particularly like his 'Godfather' gimmick that he has. He's always been best as the badass legitimate wrestler who is untouchable in the ring.

As for wrestling today, it's a far better product than it was in 2005. The amount of independent guys becoming stars is very nice to see. Take the example of both CM Punk and Samoa Joe, both originally ROH guys being WWE World Heavyweight Champion and TNA World Heavyweight Champion in their respective companies at the same time. Despite how talented both of them are, who ever would've thought of that? Not me certainly, but I was really happy to see it.

Plus the emergence of Matt Sydal in WWE and add to that the rise and rise of people like Edge and Christian and for me WWE is much better today than in 2005 when it was the Hunter, Cena and Batista show. Plus Vince seems to have gotten away from his mentality of pushing big guys. The show now is mainly centered around smaller guys who can actually work and weight isn't really that much of an issue anymore.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My mate has lent me a few more DVDs, his library really is immense, I really wish I coulc pick more up. Anyway, over the next few days I'll be watching Foley, Michaels & Benoit double-disc sets. You can't buy the Benoit DVD anymore for obvious reasons but there look like there will be some top matches on it.

Starting with the Foley DVD, Foley presenting it himself. Already made me laugh, "the fact that you're watching this DVD probably means you're a huge wrestling fan so I guess you're not dating very much," :laugh:

masterblaster

International Captain
Tonight's Raw had probably the deadest crowd I've ever seen. They acted like they didn't even like wrestling, FFS.
Well Raw was horrible this week. Seriously, with this Raw roster it's hard for any crowd to become enthusiastic. The overexposed 'stars' like on Raw have become stale and boring. The only way that Raw will be shaken up is for the likes of MVP, Matt Hardy and The Miz step up and become main event players. ECW and Smackdown on the other hand seem like can't miss shows.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
My mate has lent me a few more DVDs, his library really is immense, I really wish I coulc pick more up. Anyway, over the next few days I'll be watching Foley, Michaels & Benoit double-disc sets. You can't buy the Benoit DVD anymore for obvious reasons but there look like there will be some top matches on it.

Starting with the Foley DVD, Foley presenting it himself. Already made me laugh, "the fact that you're watching this DVD probably means you're a huge wrestling fan so I guess you're not dating very much," :laugh:
The Benoit DVD is awesome.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just watched Raw now. In all honesty I tend to enjoy any WWE that I watch but it's so inferior to Smackdown at the minute that it just isn't funny. The Miz & MVP are the bright spots at the minute.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Yeah, totally agree that Raw sucked big time.

BTW guys, I'm thinking of doing an article for the site I write for about the best wrestling DVDs available on the market - anyone got any suggestions? Can be WWE, TNA, or anything really. Thanks. :)

masterblaster

International Captain
Yeah, totally agree that Raw sucked big time.

BTW guys, I'm thinking of doing an article for the site I write for about the best wrestling DVDs available on the market - anyone got any suggestions? Can be WWE, TNA, or anything really. Thanks. :)
I recently purchased WWE Edge: A Decade of Decadence and TNA's Instant Classic: Best of Christian Cage and both are real great DVDs. Edge's DVD is a three disc set and is absolutely awesome. Christian's TNA DVD contains some great matches and a great sit down interview with Christian as well as some pretty cool bonus features.

The others that I can think of are WWE's Ladder Match compilation which was awesome, WWE's History of the WWE Championship and History of the Intercontinental Championship, The Rise and Fall of ECW was a really good documentary too. I'm also really looking forward to The Rise and Fall of WCW DVD that's due to come out shortly.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They are all good ones, also the Definitive Ric Flair Collection is great (there are two Flair DVDs, this is the blue one, or at least that's the one I mean)

Status
Not open for further replies.