• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterblaster

International Captain
Watched Raw earlier, fairly predictable, decent enough though. Enjoyed The Miz's segment!
My thoughts exactly. Was pretty happy with how The Miz and MVP were given a chance to shine on Raw and they both stepped up. Both of those guys delivered excellent promos and both will be stars if they are given the opportunity.

The main event between Batista vs The Big Show was terrible though but the fact that Hunter wasn't on Raw and that Cena only made a brief appearance made the show somewhat refreshing.

ECW was great as usual with a pretty good opening segment between Christian, Tommy Dreamer and Jack Swagger. I really like the way Christian sold how important the ECW Championship is. Dreamer played the role of the sentimental home crowd favourite really well too.

Christian vs Dreamer was a solid match which made both guys look like champions. It's probably the best match Dreamer has had in a long time. Swagger interfering makes perfect sense and it's great that Christian and Swagger are given one more PPV to have another match.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
ECW doesn't til Thursday here but I don't bother avoiding the results because it airs at silly o'clock so I usually watch it after Smackdown. Will have to makre sure I catch it this week though as it sounds good :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sssshhhh I always manage to avoid the Smackdown spoilers :D

I believe there is a #1 contender scramble though, should be good

Barney Rubble

International Coach
die in a hole!!
To be fair, it's probably avoided you having to wait until you actually watched it before being disappointed, by which time your excitement would probably be marginally increased and therefore the disappointment increased proportionally. What I will say is that going by the spoilers, you'll be entertained regardless.

masterblaster

International Captain
Smackdown was simply awesome this week! From the opening promo between Chris Jericho, Edge and CM Punk to the number one contenders match and the match between John Morrison and Shelton Benjamin, to John Morrison's promo with Chris Jericho everything on Smackdown was just brilliant.

Smackdown has the best damn roster of any wrestling show at the moment. It's a wrestling fan's dream roster and I'm sure they will continue to produce great quality shows. A roster featuring Edge, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, The Undertaker, Jeff Hardy, Shelton Benjamin, John Morrison and Rey Mysterio is an incredible bonus for wrestling fans.

Compare this incredible roster to Raw's roster featuring John Cena, Randy Orton, Hunter and Batista and you'll agree that Smackdown is the best brand going around today, followed by ECW which also have the likes of Swagger, Christian, Tyson Kidd and Evan Bourne.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, since WrestleMania XXIV Cena's PPV record has been 6-6.

His wins were:
JBL (JD)
JBL (ONS)
Jericho (SurSer)
Jericho (Armaggeddon)
JBL (RR)
Cena & Show (WMXXV)

His losses have been:
Orton (WMXXIV, with HHH)
HHH (Backlash, with Orton & JBL)
HHH (NOC)
JBL (GAB)
Batista (SummerSlam)
Elimination Chamber (NWO)

Jeez, for the biggest name in wrestling today to lose at three PPVs in a row is pretty big IMO. Three wins against JBL is hardly anything to write home about, either.
You forgot his breakthrough win against the Big show back in Wrestlemania?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So I watched ECW & Smackdown tonight. Great stuff.

Starting with ECW, agree with what masterblaster said about Christian selling the importance of the title. And his match with Dreamer was fantastic, really great viewing.

Then on to Smackdown. Yes, yes, yes. Everything I was hoping for seems to be coming off. Jeff returning to the title fold. Sure, Jeff v Edge is nothing new, we've been seeing it for ten years on and off (counting the tag matches of course) but they always put on a good match and I expect Judgment Day to be no different. I was wondering about a face turn for Morrison for the last couple of weeks, good plan, and pitting him against Jericho is a great idea. Jericho was in top form on Smackdown, he pretty much is "the best in the world at what I do" and he can really take Morrison to the level we all know he's capable of. I'm already retreating on my MITB prediction for him, he'll get over in a feud with Jericho that will hopefully stretch across a couple of PPVs and then maybe we can see him enter the title picture...

And after being a bit bemused by CM Punk's loss at Backlash, it was good to see him getting a win over Edge, a couple of great promos and he was getting a good reaction from the crowd. Not a fan of Umaga particularly, but let's be honest I did say I want to see CM Punk going over against guys like that to build him up, so so be it, hopefully Punk will beat him at Judgment Day.

MVP had his last match on Smackdown for the third week in a row, that made me :laugh:

Anyway, looking forwards to the weeks ahead. I read prior to the draft that WWE were planning on making Raw the stronger show due to its long-term status as the flagship show. If they really were trying to do that then they must be on crack given the stars we now have on Smackdown. I'd prefer for Raw to be the stronger show as it's the only one I see without fail, but when I'm home on a Friday night it's ace to have a really good Smackdown to sit through, and I'm gonna be reminding myself to sky+ ECW every Thursday so I get a good 3 hours of viewing :)

The only bad news is that Judgment Day is on box office and I can't afford it, nor can I take the day after off, so getting mates round isn't optional. Doubt my kid brother will be watching it, ah I will find a way to see it somehow hopefully.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Well I certainly wasn't disappointed :p

Something that always makes me laugh in elimination matches is when wrestlers stop each other from pinning other wrestlers :laugh:
Haha, yeah, like when Jericho stole the pin off Hardy. It makes no sense.

SmackDown was fantastic last night, I'm really excited about the future of the blue brand. Umaga's return is great - I'm a huge fan of his and he can deliver some really top class matches, just look at his matches against Jeff Hardy over the last few years.

There are so many potential feuds on the horizon here that we really can't know what to expect - we're getting Hardy vs Edge, but there's only two weeks 'till Judgment Day, so there could be Morrison vs Jericho or Punk vs Umaga on the card as well. Alternatively, we could also get Punk vs Umaga left off the card and Punk cashing in MITB after Edge retains against Hardy; we could also get the initiation of the long-awaited Umaga vs Undertaker feud, or any of a dozen other combinations. This year's Draft has been an epic win for SmackDown.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd expect both Punk-Umaga and Jericho-Morrison to feature. What are your thoughts on Morrison turning face?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I'd expect both Punk-Umaga and Jericho-Morrison to feature. What are your thoughts on Morrison turning face?
I think his personality is more suited to being a natural heel, going by his earlier work as Johnny Nitro and his work as Morrison. That said, we've never seen him as a face, and for all we know it could work really well - he seemed pretty over during his match with Shelton, and his exciting and innovative moveset will help him no end. I think his face run could be a big success - a feud with Jericho has an insane amount of potential.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Playing a heel is far far easier for guys new into the game. Morrison has served his apprenticeship and the face turn is make or break for him. I've seen plenty of guys who've looked class as heels become the blandest, cheesiest faces imaginable and get turned on by the fans in no time.

Let's hope he can pull it off, he's got a ridiculous amount of in-ring talent and seems pretty naturally charismatic in his promo's (Ie not made to look good by the writers).

Status
Not open for further replies.