• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure if this is a popular opinion, but I'm bored of the NXT (and AEW to some extent match style).

An entire card of endless kickouts and impressive looking flashy offence etc just does my head in after a while.
Virtually every match in a vacuum is entertaining and technically very good. But watching 5 of them in a row is awful. I've basically stopped watching ppvs for this reason and only seek out the matches which are getting some acclaim.

Its not even really an nxt thing for me either, it's industry wide.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, as I kind of alluded to, it's a problem that to a lesser extent exists in AEW as well, and it's been an NJPW thing for god knows how long. Ironically, the WWE main roster is actually one of the least serious offenders (unless it's Wrestlemania maybe).

Speaking of the WWE main roster, the way thence handled the Edge/Orton thumb has been great. Another brilliant segment on RAW last night.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Just a random segment, but stumbled across this on YouTube just now, and it really took me back. Just one segment that is so reflective of wrestling at that time. 3 gun performers just going out there and having fun, fantastic crowd, a real atmosphere. Those were the days.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not quite sure how, but that AEW cage somehow looked simultaneously both more intimidating, and more flimsy, than the WWE equivalent.

Anyway yeah, good show, enjoyed it.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Just skipped through Super Showdown. WTF were they thinking? Taker pins AJ after 1 chokeslam, Brock squashes Ricochet, and the year long build of The Fiend is ended by ****ing Goldberg. WWE are just the worst.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Ever since WWE started doing the Saudi shows, the company has moved from "mostly/often dire" to "raging dumpster fire". Who the **** cares anymore

Rusev gets over organically? **** him and make him lose every match
The Fiend revitalizes Wyatt? Over produce the **** of out of it with special effects and take the belt off him after making him an unstoppable monster by feeding him to ****ing Goldberg.
The Cruiserweight classic was great? 205 Live somehow makes cruiserweights even less ****ing relevant than they were before the show existed
Kofi has a ready built storyline of seeking redemption after a humiliating loss as Champion to Lesnar? MAKE HIM CLAP AND DANCE - GOOD ****

Just top to bottom everything sucks. Zayn is ruined. KO is ruined. Joe is ruined. Theres so many people that had genuine moments on the main roster where it seemed like this was their time to make a mark. But of course its wrestlemania, better get ready for

GOLDBERG
UNDERTAKER
JOHN CENA
BROCK LESNAR
RANDY ORTON

what year is it? 2005 or 2020. Jesus.

It ****ing sucks. Now that theres more alternatives than there has been in 20 odd years, there is absolutely zero reason to suffer through any of it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I still dunno why Kofi had to lose. They were doing pretty well. Bringing back Lesnar simply means he is gonna go over and that is just so stupid. Been that way since he beat the Streak for no reason.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I still dunno why Kofi had to lose. They were doing pretty well. Bringing back Lesnar simply means he is gonna go over and that is just so stupid. Been that way since he beat the Streak for no reason.
Kofi losing was always inevitable and makes perfect sense. An underdog champion who wins with heart rather than extreme technique or power can't ALWAYS win. But the complete disrespect shown to him by no even allowing his character to acknowledge it on screen? WTF was that? All those months of story telling just flushed down the toilet - SMILE AND WAVE KOFI

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yes but Lesnar was just such a boring choice for that storyline. And the match itself was stupid. I like the underdog story personally and I would rather watch any match where the underdog wins against all odds, than watch the underdog actually lose. Either way, I felt they had something good with Kofi and they threw it under the bus. I mean, if you look at it, the entire Stone Cold saga was built on him being the underdog too and no one lost anything by keeping him strong all the time and as champ. Now if they found a way to get Kofi over Lesnar, THAT would have made wanna watch more of their show.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ever since WWE started doing the Saudi shows, the company has moved from "mostly/often dire" to "raging dumpster fire". Who the **** cares anymore

Rusev gets over organically? **** him and make him lose every match
The Fiend revitalizes Wyatt? Over produce the **** of out of it with special effects and take the belt off him after making him an unstoppable monster by feeding him to ****ing Goldberg.
The Cruiserweight classic was great? 205 Live somehow makes cruiserweights even less ****ing relevant than they were before the show existed
Kofi has a ready built storyline of seeking redemption after a humiliating loss as Champion to Lesnar? MAKE HIM CLAP AND DANCE - GOOD ****

Just top to bottom everything sucks. Zayn is ruined. KO is ruined. Joe is ruined. Theres so many people that had genuine moments on the main roster where it seemed like this was their time to make a mark. But of course its wrestlemania, better get ready for

GOLDBERG
UNDERTAKER
JOHN CENA
BROCK LESNAR
RANDY ORTON

what year is it? 2005 or 2020. Jesus.

It ****ing sucks. Now that theres more alternatives than there has been in 20 odd years, there is absolutely zero reason to suffer through any of it.
Haha

MrPrez

International Debutant
The Fiend jobbing to Goldberg was absolutely stupid.

The reason for it is so they can make Reigns vs Goldberg - battle of the spears - and try to get Roman over by winning at Mania (probably will get booed tbh).

Reports say Fiend vs Cena which isn't exactly attractive either.

I was one of the guys that thought putting the title on the Fiend wasn't a good idea to start, but once you made that call, you had to go all in on it. WWE looked like they were willing, but then they pulled this **** out. I don't care how over Goldberg is, either - you can't build the company on top of Taker, Goldberg etc - you need to push your active roster. Realistically this match should have been won by The Fiend to give him momentum and cred.

Ricochet jobbing to Brock was dumb too - obviously he had to lose but the manner was ridiculous. We all know Brock is a dominant force; at least let the match run a bit to get Ricochet vaguely over. Instead we did Kofi 2.0 (and Ricochet isn't as durable a face as Kofi).

Also, the OC has been an absolute disaster - AJ is still gold but they've just been screwed over too many times when they really needed strong booking. AJ, while awesome, feels nothing more than a midcarder to me thanks to the booking he's received. And that's an absolute travesty.

There's so much promise on RAW at the moment - the Monday Night Messiah character is great, Drew is getting a legit push, and Baszler/Lynch could be great. But given all the recent shenanigans one has to assume that all three of these elements will be ruined.

Side note: Rusev being jobbed in the Lashley feud is possibly because he isn't going to re-sign, isn't it? Pretty sure the initial goal of that feud was to get Rusev over.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Also, this may be wrong, but I'm most excited for Revolution to watch Orange Cassidy vs Pac. I really want to see how they work this one.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Apart from the ridiculous number of false finishes, the young bucks match from last night was excellent

Great story telling re: the hangman (non) turn