• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Athlai

Not Terrible
Think Bayley should stay in NXT for a little while longer. Who else is going to feud with Asuka?
Nia Jax w Eva Marie next Takeover. After that either push Asuka up to main roster or hope you have pushed the next crop high enough. Wouldn't be incredibly surprised to see a main roster woman like Naomi drop down to NXT for a bit either to be a sort of Cesaro role.

Predictions for Raw debuts:

Bayley
Balor Bulletproof Club
Enzo and Cass
And maybe Joe.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Did anyone else say "go back to ring of honour" out loud when Corbin chucked out Tatanka? Or was that just me.

Niall

International Coach
Whole event felt like a middle finger to the Smarks. Sasha not winning the Women's belt, Owens losing his belt and it not being to Sami, Styles losing to Jericho clean, LON beating New Day, Sandow getting dumped out of the Battle Royal straight away, Taker beating Shane and then culminating in Reigns getting booed out of the building. Well done WWE. Well done.

Also, FFS. We're now stuck with the ****ing Authority in charge. Could have had Balor Club shenanigans costing Taker the match setting up The Demon vs The Deadman at Summerslam. But nope, we'll get a 20 minute Roman promo interrupted by ****ing Stephanie and Hunter on RAW. Joy.

Shane's jump from the cell was ****ing awesome though.
I dunno if it was a middle fingers to the smarks, think it was more of thought in play that if the heels dominated the live crowd would be more receptive to Reigns when he wrestled the Game. It didn't really work out that way:laugh:

At least a small consolation with the IC title, is that Owens and Sami don't need it to have some killer matches and Ryder will have it very briefly, smart money is on Corbin taking it very soon thankfully.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I thought on the whole the show was good. Most of it, apart from the main event and Brock vs Dean exceeded or met my expectations. Dean vs Brock needed another 10 minutes/2-3 cool spots and a few Ambrose near falls. The way the main event ended was just flat out bad. Roman winning clean with no turn/shenanigans was literally the worst thing they could have done imo. Otherwise a thoroughly enjoyable show, the women's match being the highlight of the night.

Enjoyed Rock's involvement, could tell he was going to have some sort of match as soon as he came out because of the way you could see his boots underneath his trousers. Anyway, lol @ the Wyatts being made to look like total fools for the millionth time. They really should just end them.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I assume Big E hurt himself with that spear through the ropes. I assume he always hurts himself with the spear through the ropes. He should stop doing that spear through the ropes.
Yeah, that looked like a nasty botch. Seemed to land straight on his head. Kofi then suddenly magically being the legal man and Big E not appearing on camera again for the rest of the match would seem to suggest he was hurt.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Rubbish

Worst Mania ever.Plain awful booking.

Even the matches werent all that great.Probably the Women's championship was the only one that stood out.
Yeah, no. This is not even close to being true. It's not even the worst one in recent memory.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Whole event felt like a middle finger to the Smarks. Sasha not winning the Women's belt, Owens losing his belt and it not being to Sami, Styles losing to Jericho clean, LON beating New Day, Sandow getting dumped out of the Battle Royal straight away, Taker beating Shane and then culminating in Reigns getting booed out of the building. Well done WWE. Well done.

Also, FFS. We're now stuck with the ****ing Authority in charge. Could have had Balor Club shenanigans costing Taker the match setting up The Demon vs The Deadman at Summerslam. But nope, we'll get a 20 minute Roman promo interrupted by ****ing Stephanie and Hunter on RAW. Joy.

Shane's jump from the cell was ****ing awesome though.
Are we though? It is a while since I watched the original RAW when Shane came out and I recall the stipulation being to face Undertaker rather than beat him. I had assumed I was wrong about that until last night when Vince's original audio used in the intro for the fight again said he must face Undertaker rather than defeat him. I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Are we though? It is a while since I watched the original RAW when Shane came out and I recall the stipulation being to face Undertaker rather than beat him. I had assumed I was wrong about that until last night when Vince's original audio used in the intro for the fight again said he must face Undertaker rather than defeat him. I could be wrong.
And they could easily do the ol'

"I won't control Raw... but I will control the WWE/SMACKDOWN/LINDA WILL etc."

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I thought this too, but that would be a pretty dumb stipulation, even in terms of WWE/Pro-Wrestling storytelling. I mean, if that were the case, Shane could have come to the ring, submitted immediately and just left.

On a related note, I thought it was odd that Vince was not on the show at all.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i'd be pretty upset if they did that to get out of it, and i'm already feeling weirdly exploited by this angle as it is

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think you're right Goughy, I remember at the time thinking it was odd how the stipulation mentioned was that Shane had to "have" a match, rather than win one. In fact, come to think of it, the commentary team has always said things like "he is fighting for change/the future etc...", rather than "he must win".

As above though, if Shane tries to claim victory on the basis of a technicality in the wording of the stipulation that'd just be dire.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Just finished with Mania. A lot of solid matches. Not too many big surprising and drop in awe moments apart from the Shane spots but that's okay. As long as I see good matches, I am fine. Forwarded the Triple H v Reigns match till about the end though. The Stephanie bit was cool.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
i guess that was disappointing. it was still the same brock match basically. wonder if tomorrow Brock gets booked for a title shot at Summerslam or something and he's written off until then

I don't know, still against the league of nations but just protect your most over guys in the company as well
Used to enjoy Brock back in the day. He has had a really boring stale character etched out now sadly.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
at least it's pretty clear that Vince's hands were tied on that one. Brock does what he wants and it's clear Brock didn't really wanna do too much different

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Oh and yay for Baron Corbin. The ARMBAR was sorta better than I thought it'd be. shaq, ddp and Tatanka all amusing and treated pretty well.
Tatanka used to be my favourite wrestler. Was a lot of fun seeing him. At first, I was like, gosh, he is so rotund right now. However, he was pretty fast with his moves which brought a smile to my face. Used to rock the house back in the day.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Shane running Raw tonight then. Fully expect Linda to come next week and say Shane gets to run it as he had to face the dead man, not beat him.