• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

MrPrez

International Debutant
Saudi thing sounds like an absolute mess too. WWE just getting clobbered from all sides right now.

As a side note, I really hope we get some weird Otis/Mandy Rose storyline. Otis is a gem.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I really hope the stories about Vince telling Kevin Dunn to shut the live stream off for Saudi audiences is true

Would just be such a VKM thing to do

I imagine they'll smooth things out with the Saudis though. VKM is all about Dem dollar bills. Smoothing things over with the actualy wrestlers might be more tricky. Sounds like a lot of them are understandably pissed af

MrPrez

International Debutant
Yeah, it seems like an absolute mess, and many of the wrestlers are not-so-subtly subtweeting the **** out of WWE too.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Unexpectedly in Saudi it aired on an hour delay. I think they just held off supplying the feed until they got paid and then relented. And then a Saudi retaliated by delaying the plane to **** with their Smackdown plans.

If so, thank you random Saudi prince. That was a good smackdown, please delay more flights.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Unexpectedly in Saudi it aired on an hour delay. I think they just held off supplying the feed until they got paid and then relented. And then a Saudi retaliated by delaying the plane to **** with their Smackdown plans.

If so, thank you random Saudi prince. That was a good smackdown, please delay more flights.
Yeah, this sounds like the most plausible explanation.

The mechanical fault stuff sounds like BS to me. There is no way that an ordinary mechanical fault would result in passengers being kept on a plane for nearly 7 hours. Plane delayed for that long sure, but the people on it would be ferried off in those circumstances.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Yeah, this sounds like the most plausible explanation.

The mechanical fault stuff sounds like BS to me. There is no way that an ordinary mechanical fault would result in passengers being kept on a plane for nearly 7 hours. Plane delayed for that long sure, but the people on it would be ferried off in those circumstances.
I was under the impression that they were sent back to hotels etc. Not sure if it was the official story, but there were certainly discussions that such happened somewhere - perhaps Meltzer said something along those lines?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I was under the impression that they were sent back to hotels etc. Not sure if it was the official story, but there were certainly discussions that such happened somewhere - perhaps Meltzer said something along those lines?
I guess they were eventually, as the total delay was more than 12 hours. But they were sat on the plane for 6-7 hours apparently.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Anyways, on another note, here's an unpopular opinion: AEW is tons of fun right now but I'm worried about the longevity of its storytelling and structure given that to my understanding the top card is basically running the shows and narrative.

I'm not sure it can sustain such a system efficiently - something is going to have to give.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nah don’t reckon it’ll be an issue. If Omega was world champion for like 2 years I don’t think it’d be an issue. Seems a lot less dog eat dog than WWF or WCW era stuff.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Nah don’t reckon it’ll be an issue. If Omega was world champion for like 2 years I don’t think it’d be an issue. Seems a lot less dog eat dog than WWF or WCW era stuff.
I'm not so much worried about dog-eat-dog, as you call it, as much as balancing being a wrestler and booking stuff could become a bit much.

Kind of like the Cody storyline rn, but as a shoot.

MrPrez

International Debutant
May well be wrong as I've obviously never operated behinds the scenes in wrestling but it doesn't sound like a good long-term system on the face of it to have your talent also involved behind the scenes in the booking and stuff.