• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

andmark

International Captain
Is Vader an ATG? I'd argue his stuff with the likes of Mitsuharu Misawa and Kenta Kobashi in Japan give him that status. I know lots of people argue that you need to have succeeded in the WWE for that sort of status but I'm unconvinced by that argument because it'd mean a wide array of people like Big Daddy and Giant Baba would be excluded, despite both of them being very influential in the history of wrestling.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Is Vader an ATG? I'd argue his stuff with the likes of Mitsuharu Misawa and Kenta Kobashi in Japan give him that status. I know lots of people argue that you need to have succeeded in the WWE for that sort of status but I'm unconvinced by that argument because it'd mean a wide array of people like Big Daddy and Giant Baba would be excluded, despite both of them being very influential in the history of wrestling.
Yes imo

His lack of Wwe success is more than made up for by the fact that he appeared in Boy Meets World

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Finally watched All In. Really enjoyed it. Watched a Pentagon match for the first time. Loved his athletic style and performance. Stephen Amell was quite good as well. Over all great show with excellent matches.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yes imo

His lack of Wwe success is more than made up for by the fact that he appeared in Boy Meets World
One of my first wrestling memories was watching Big Van Vader against Ron Simmons on a WCW show which was shown on ITV Saturday afternoons. It was great stuff and to a young kid like me he was scary as ****. Loved some of the entrances he had in Japan as well. Legend.

On WCW, any fans of that promotion should check out the 83 Weeks podcast. Been listening to it incessantly over the past few weeks.

andmark

International Captain
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-45507520

What do you make of this? I don't know much of the tone this promotion works with, but I think there's room for serious wrestling for dwarfs. Traditionally, wrestling has treated dwarfs (if I'm getting the terminology wrong, forgive me) as freaks for comedy, e.g. Hornswoggle, but people like Mascarita Dorada can be serious wrestlers. That said, it might take social change amongst audiences to allow dwarfes to be serious wrestlers.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Got no beef with it so long as there is no expoitation involved.

RE: Pentagon. Guy is great, but rumours suggest he is on his way over to the E, which is probably the worst destination imaginable for him.