• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Agent TBY

International Captain
Whew, what a weekend of wrestling.

Tanahashi/Suzuki was gold, Bucks vs 3K was decent, Jay White proved he could hang (which was really all the match was about and needed to do), and there was some fun **** in the CHAOS/LIJ smozzes too. And while I'm not going to pretend I've been watching long enough to really feel the impact of the Bullet Club/Golden Lovers stuff, it was still fun regardless. The crowd and the comms going bonkers for Ibushi making the save was awesome.

Takeover was great. I thought Black and Cole had stolen the show, because even though Almas and Gargano had that great bout in Brooklyn, I was expecting max shenanigans in their match. The way they subverted those expectations and delivered a satisfying finish was the perfect topping to the incredible match they served up.

As for the Rumbles, there was just one thing that clearly stuck out to me in the men's match. There was a moment once we were down to the final four and they faced off where the fans didn't rebel, boo or cheer against Reigns, or boo or cheer against Cena. They cheered for Nakamura, they conclusively backed their horse, and I'm glad the E had enough faith in him to predict that response and give him and the crowd their moment. I have to wonder how much AJ influenced that, because Balor was there too and the crowd basically spurned him for Nakamura. The potential of an AJ/Nakamura match surely played a big part, and it's a clear testament to how much AJ has changed the game in the E.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lesnar and Braun stiffing each other so hard wwe literally had to show replays.
It looked a pretty pretty serious punch to a pretty bad spot from Lesnar. Bit uncomfortable given Braun's was probably just a honest mistake. Maybe Brock was able to work it a bit and it wasn't that bad of a blow

Niall

International Coach
Whew, what a weekend of wrestling.

Tanahashi/Suzuki was gold, Bucks vs 3K was decent, Jay White proved he could hang (which was really all the match was about and needed to do), and there was some fun **** in the CHAOS/LIJ smozzes too. And while I'm not going to pretend I've been watching long enough to really feel the impact of the Bullet Club/Golden Lovers stuff, it was still fun regardless. The crowd and the comms going bonkers for Ibushi making the save was awesome.

Takeover was great. I thought Black and Cole had stolen the show, because even though Almas and Gargano had that great bout in Brooklyn, I was expecting max shenanigans in their match. The way they subverted those expectations and delivered a satisfying finish was the perfect topping to the incredible match they served up.

As for the Rumbles, there was just one thing that clearly stuck out to me in the men's match. There was a moment once we were down to the final four and they faced off where the fans didn't rebel, boo or cheer against Reigns, or boo or cheer against Cena. They cheered for Nakamura, they conclusively backed their horse, and I'm glad the E had enough faith in him to predict that response and give him and the crowd their moment. I have to wonder how much AJ influenced that, because Balor was there too and the crowd basically spurned him for Nakamura. The potential of an AJ/Nakamura match surely played a big part, and it's a clear testament to how much AJ has changed the game in the E.

What Aj has done has been remarkable. I wasn't sure that he would amount to much in the E, but the guy has just been in beast mode since he signed. His matches with the likes of Shane, Roman and Cena all I think we can safely say are Vince's darlings along with just been so reliable means his salary which is in the millions is well and truly deserved.

Niall

International Coach
It looked a pretty pretty serious punch to a pretty bad spot from Lesnar. Bit uncomfortable given Braun's was probably just a honest mistake. Maybe Brock was able to work it a bit and it wasn't that bad of a blow
Brock stiffed him in the rumble a few years also, they just don't work well together whatsoever. Braun is good fun, but he isn't that smooth of a worker sadly.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Not sure if Brock meant to hit the temple necessarily since Braun was moving forward at the time. But yeah, it was a bit unprofressional all round. Honestly reckon it'd have knocked out half the roster or at least knocked them loopy. Braun continued to be a monster almost seamlessly.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Brock stiffed him in the rumble a few years also, they just don't work well together whatsoever. Braun is good fun, but he isn't that smooth of a worker sadly.
Disagree, I think they worked really well together in this match. (outside of this incident anyway) Braun is also fairly smooth these days, and I'd say the smoothest monster we've had since the golden years of Kane, definitely most improved overall performer in the last two years.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Making the bucks relatively centre stage in the which way they will side is a great little story. I think having them turn against Kenny might be a way to really launch them into the stratosphere.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Are they giving us Cena vs. Balor at Mania? Some of the characterisation during that match was very intriguing, though I'm not sure if it'll lead to anything.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Are they giving us Cena vs. Balor at Mania? Some of the characterisation during that match was very intriguing, though I'm not sure if it'll lead to anything.
If Taker is off the table it’s probably the next biggest exhibition match? Or Strowman? I don’t think I want that for some reason

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Making the bucks relatively centre stage in the which way they will side is a great little story. I think having them turn against Kenny might be a way to really launch them into the stratosphere.
It's so well done, I'm shocked by how much it all has affected me emotionally haha.

The Ibushi slide into frame had me audibly gasp.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
If Taker is off the table it’s probably the next biggest exhibition match? Or Strowman? I don’t think I want that for some reason
If Joe can make it back by Mania I think Cena vs. Joe would be bigger than Finn, but maybe. I hope they go deep into this Balor Club thing and make them a true heel faction.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Rewatched the bte ending. Room 710 (a split?) and one of the Bucks wearing “I love heel turns” oh god. There’s so many ways this could go

Agent TBY

International Captain
I'm okay with Anderson and Gallows bringing everyone who feuds with Cena ever to the dark side. Make it go on for a decade.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Also did you guys notice the door closing by itself in the last shot of BTE?

Who else was in that room?! Marty?!?!?!?!