• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official * Pakistan vs New Zealand 2023

Flem274*

123/5
Chapman needs to continue this run tbh. Scoring runs in the middle of the night against Pakistan won't earn him much respite from the general public or the selectors who don't appear to rate him much.

thierry henry

International Coach
Chapman needs to continue this run tbh. Scoring runs in the middle of the night against Pakistan won't earn him much respite from the general public or the selectors who don't appear to rate him much.
This is probably a lazy analysis but it does feel like Chapman has done pretty well in middle of the night JAM tours but failed to fire (or somewhat fired but failed to get the team over the line) in clutch situations in home JAM - a bad mix for public perception. I have always been a fan albeit somewhat tentatively, still rate him as a classier sort of white ball biffer than most of his competitors. Sort of a poor man’s white ball Conway in that he bats relatively ‘properly’, can be cake, but is naturally a pretty fast scorer. I have reservations about his absolute quality as an international-level batsman, but in the T20 Moneyball era is that even really a thing anymore? To me he still visibly ‘can bat’ much more than a Bowes or a Seifert.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Chapman did exactly in asian sub continent that Rossco did in the past.

Well played Kiwi.164 for?
Bowes 54 ( maiden) Chapman 71 not out) Imad Wasim 3 wkts)

No Result
Pak lead by 2/1

Final (5th)game on 24.

ashley bach

International Captain
That's really annoying tbh that Chapman is replaced for the ODI series.
Would of thought it was the perfect series to give him a go given how much he's been pissed around in recent times.
FFS the guy averages 52 in seven matches and has to sweat just to get a chance.
The more runs he scores the more pissed you become. Suddenly he looks NZ's best bat by a distance.
Playing in 5 ODI's would have been a fantastic opportunity. **** you NZ cricket.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Chapman was a complete non-entity in this year's Ford Trophy, so he certainly hasn't helped himself. Also with Mitchell, Latham and Phillips having the middle-order spots pretty-much sewn up (even though I know there remains a lot of uncertainty about Mitchell's capacity to fulfill the number 4 role), they probably don't see him as having much of an opportunity to break in. I guess there's an argument that with KW gone, and Young still not really firing, Latham should shuffle up to 3, which creates an opening at 5 to be filled.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
The ODI series will be more telling for Young I think. Despite doing well at domestic T20, I don't see him as a T20 player, so the under performance here isn't shocking.
He isn't, and the fact they're picking him for an unsuited format is only continuing to hinder his ability to become an international player of repute.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
New Zealand got screwed by the weather they where heading towards a historic win
Afghanistan recently beat pak under shadab, pak already lost vs nz ( not strong team ) by 4 runs, i wish nz win on 24th to level series 2/2.

But pakistan much much stronger in ODI leg (5) Atleast on paper.