• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official * Pakistan vs New Zealand 2023

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't know if Raza is still as good as he was at his peak 6-12 months ago but he was phenomenal. The guy took a lineup that without him would have struggled to make the group stage and gave them a serious chance at making the semi's.
And not long before that he would have struggled to make the lineup - his T20 record was truly awful until he decided "hmm World Cup coming up soon, I should work on that"

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
And not long before that he would have struggled to make the lineup - his T20 record was truly awful until he decided "hmm World Cup coming up soon, I should work on that"
Yeah he was averaging 16 odd with the bat and a part timer and turned into a frontline spinner + one of the best #5/6's in the world. Weird that it happened at his age aswell, was past that 28-32 age group where most guys peak with the bat.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah he was averaging 16 odd with the bat and a part timer and turned into a frontline spinner + one of the best #5/6's in the world. Weird that it happened at his age aswell, was past that 28-32 age group where most guys peak with the bat.
Funny that he's ended up in the IPL on the back of it. He never would have imagined that outcome or he obviously would've focused on it much earlier.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So I guess I'm the only one recording all these T20s and watching them in full, then? :laugh:

No complaints about this series from me - except I would have really loved us to pick a more interesting and youthful squad for it.

Pakistan completely outplayed us in that first game, kudos to them. But the Henry hat-trick was glorious.

Socerer 01

International Captain
I assume this is true. I have no idea what the rules are around IPL windows and all that. Are NZC under some sort of obligation to let their players play IPL? I can’t bring myself to pay attention to this **** so probably shouldn’t comment.
i read somewhere on r/cricket that their central contracts guarantee them the right to play in the ipl if they wish to and skip international duty in that duration alone

Socerer 01

International Captain
Ok,thought as much. I can live with the ODIs just but the T20Is are puke worthy.

Now I read today that the Saudis want to make a play to start the biggest T20 comp in the world...we need some bold, long term focused leadership in our game and at the moment, we ain't got it. All I can see is dummies like our current administration watching Rome burn then shrugging their shoulders like they never had a hope in hell of fanning the flames.
if the Saudis had someone keenly interested in cricket advising them rather than another business suit looking to make quick bucks off betting they would tell them of how popular tri-series and quadrangular series cricket was in the 90s in places like Sharjah and try to revive that with international teams instead of another meaningless t20 league with names that make no sense appealing to no one but people who bet and bored randos. they certainly have the money to make it a reality and it will make their league watched by people all over the world as having teams with international attachment gets more interest than 'Riyadh Knight Riders' or whatever dull and uninspired name random ipl owner comes up with

of course the issue would be the pig 3=icc stopping that even if it happens because they are a bunch of sooks stuck in the ice age

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Welp there have been 2 ducks since I said that and Rizwan got out without adding to his 50 too.