• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official * Pakistan vs New Zealand 2023

jcas0167

International Debutant
Unsure if the toss call was right but I won't blame Latham if he's just sick of setting 300+ to be rekt in the field 2-3 down. Make Pakistan set something for a change.
Risk dew may have been a factor too, but yeah understandable they want to try something different. Wish I could stay up to watch.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Super disciplined start from Henry and Milne. A bit harsh on Bowes that he finally gets a fifty and gets replaced with Blundell.
Yeah harsh on Bowes (why wouldn't you play a guy who's gaining in confidence), and these team combinations are just strange. They've really stacked the bowling this time at the expense of the batting, it's pretty thin after the top 6. Again if you must play Nicholls batting him in the top 4 makes more sense?

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah it really demonstrates his overall #weakness as a player, especially against Pakistan.
Think there's something wrong with the water in Pakistan. Moeen Ali and Adil Rashid can field decently and NZ have been ****e since they've been here. Really makes you think. ?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Catching up on play, did Chapman drop another catch earlier?

Annoys me as **** that Cricinfo and streaming sites like kayo add tags to check out 4s, 6s and wickets but not dropped catches, so you have to search through manually like I just tried and failed to do. Invent a Massive Goober tag and a This Guy Has Feet For Hands tag ffs. I don't want highlights I want lowlights.

trundler

Henry very good today. Good cameo from Aggro Salmon though I was hoping he'd kick on.

trundler

This has been pretty underwhelming from Pakistan at the death. Loads of full tosses hit to the fielder.

Moss

What a stupid dismissal, looked in no trouble up to that point.

Well played Blundell. Thought Cleaver was unlucky not to get a WC audition for the backup keeper slot in this series but Blundell's looked up for it so far.

Last edited:

Moss

That's Pakistan practically into the tail, though McConchie is capable of surprising us.

Both Nicholls and Chapman frittered away an opportunity to play a useful knock, though in Chapman's case Naseem simply too good.