• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v Australia in UAE 2014

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One more thing, Michael Clarke is the most overrated batsman in the world atm. Hasn't done much for quite a while now. And he sucks at any position above 5.

Aussie Team for India Tests -

Warner
Rogers
Shaun Marsh
Smith
Clarke
Watson
Whatever Keeper It Doesn't Really Matter
Johnson
Pattinson
Harris
Lyon
Patto won't get up in time for the first Test at least.

DriveClub

International Regular
Why do Lehmann, Clarke and co come from the horny warnie school of thought, earlier captains used to restrain the overblown aggression bull**** since that's how it's naturally played by the players since it's in the system so you don't need the think tank to further overdo it, but now Clarke and Lehmann have had too much of that koolaid and going full ****** with it.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Why do Lehmann, Clarke and co come from the horny warnie school of thought, earlier captains used to restrain the overblown aggression bull**** since that's how it's naturally played by the players since it's in the system so you don't need the think tank to further overdo it, but now Clarke and Lehmann have had too much of that koolaid and going full ****** with it.

View attachment 21544
not just warne. ian chappell was all for intent and aggression.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He's more for the rowdy cricket, have 5 six packs before and after a day's play, captain is the ring leader and all your team mates are gang bangers

Nah you're both right. He's a chest-beating, macho cricket philosopher but part of that is ultra-aggressive captaincy.

uvelocity

International Coach
He's a pretty damn good white ball bowler. Yet to do much of anything at test level.

WD Pakistan on the series win. Thoroughly deserved. Out batted, bowled and fielded a hapless Australian outfit (TPC excluded of course).

What annoys me most is australia being beaten basically making the same mistakes over and over again. Funky selections of all rounders who aren't up t it with bat or ball, playing blokes out of position, and this idea of "backing yourself" and "playing your natural, aggressive game" when putting your head down and actually having a ****ing dig is in order.

Six batsmen, a keeper and four bowlers. It's not hard to work out. It's worked since 1877 ffs.
starc doesnt have anywhere near enough **** in him

the big bambino

International Captain
One more thing, Michael Clarke is the most overrated batsman in the world atm. Hasn't done much for quite a while now. And he sucks at any position above 5.
I agree 5 is his best spot but he's averaged 47, 40 and 55 in his last 3 series before this one against arguably the best bowling sides atm. I think Clarke is one of the most interesting players ever. Refreshingly he's able to acknowledge his weaknesses and become a better player as a result. If anything I think he's under rated and deserves more recognition as one of our great players.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Margin of victory didn't say as much as how many overs Australia batted. There is no hiding from that, and it says something. Its not just a meaningless statistic. It perfectly sums up the difference in ability of both sides in these conditions.
Seriously? I make the same point before you, twice, and you get the likes. **** this ****.

Spark

Global Moderator

Warner
Rogers
Shaun Marsh
Smith
Clarke
Watson
Johnson
Pattinson
Harris
Lyon
Clarke is rapidly turning into one of those weird players who is generally overrated by the (Australian) public, largely because he still scores for fun for at least two of the five home Tests, but increasingly being underrated here. There's this weird train of thought that he's now somehow merely an average (mid-40s? Seriously?) Test bat when he's still clearly, clearly world class, capable of astonishing innings and - more to the point - big innings, which is a rare commodity that doesn't get enough value. Cape Town was three Tests ago ffs. He's had a horrible series here but it's two Tests.

He might not do his come-in-at-3/30-and-score-a-double thing that he was doing ludicrously often in 2012-13, but on paper he's still our most dangerous batsman IMO.

Last edited:

Daemon

Haha awta. I think it's the fact that he hadn't played any (bar an ODI against zimbabwe) cricket at all in the last 6 months that contributed somewhat. Can't be easy playing first class and Test games in the UAE heat without match practice and suffering from back injuries, all while facing good and unfamiliar bowling.

He was crap this time and batted very poorly in the bits I saw, but we'll have to see whether he's really out of nick when India tours.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

Warner
Rogers
Shaun Marsh
Smith
Clarke
Watson
Johnson
Pattinson
Harris
Lyon
Why would you drop a young guy who has just made 87 and 47 in his last Test match for his brother who just made 0 for WA in his return match, 0 & 0 in his last Test and 0 in his last innings against his opponent on the batting mine-field that is Adelaide Oval - I suppose you could say that Shaun Marsh is due..