• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan tour of Ireland, England and Scotland 2018

Xuhaib

International Coach
Sarfraz away from Asia is pretty dire
He was quite good on the last tour to England also did ok in aid without the big scores.I think captaincy combined with batting at 6 is too big an ask for him

I don’t think Pakistan will ever have a batting line up strong enough that will allow us to play 5 bowlers unless Shadab really develops in to a top order player 6-1-4 combo should be the combo for Pakistan which means our pacers need to get fitter.

In the end I say there were quite a few positives Abbas and Shadab were consistently good Amir looked to be getting back best he has bowled since since return though his fitness is a concern .Babar seemed to be understanding test match batting was unfortunate to get an injury at that stage.Imam,Hasan,Faheem were good in patches and showed potential for future overall it was a satisfactory 7/10 tour to the British islands for Pakistan.

tooextracool

International Coach
Well, this was a quintessential English win with 9 batsmen getting double digit scores and no hundreds. Nonetheless, this should provide them with a lot of confidence ahead of the series against India. I would be remiss if I did not give the selectors their due - I think the selections of Jennings, Bess and Buttler have been inspired. The average age of this trio is ~ 24 with Buttler the oldest at 27, so you certainly feel that they deserve a longer run in the side in contrast to our selections from the winter (Malan, Stoneman and Vince) who were/are never likely to offer more than a couple of years of service even if they hit their primes immediately.

Even though it wasn't exactly a performance for the ages, there is something about Jennings and his overall assurance at the crease that I like. He also remains one of only three openers in the post-Strauss era to score a test century on foreign soil (the other 2 being Compton and Cook). His technique actually reminds me a lot of Trescothick in how upright he is in his stance so I am not surprised that he has some of the same shortcomings including the tendency to not get his front foot to the pitch of the ball or lean in on the cover drive.

Finally, i thought that Bess played two exceptional innings in very different circumstances. For someone only 20 years of age and with few games under his belt, he certainly does have a lot of talent to work with. Probably needs to work on his variations with the ball and his technique particularly against spin.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should have been a 3-match series. Weird series, two nearly identical one-sided matches won by each team.
But we have to fit in a meaningless ODI series against Australia. The mothers could at least make it through half an ODI