• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan tour of Ireland, England and Scotland 2018

Mrpiggy

Banned
Oh no... it's just the sporting English representatives i dislike. Everyone from Vaughan to Bayliss to Cook to Root and all involved. They're all scum!

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Oh no... it's just the sporting English representatives i dislike. Everyone from Vaughan to Bayliss to Cook to Root and all involved. They're all scum!
Vaughan is a deliberate troll. He has used it successfully to get a full time media gig.

Cook and Root are hardly what I would think of as scummy players. I can think of far scummier.

Borges

International Regular
If it were the good old days, you could have been sentenced to spend a full cricket season in Australia.
After that you would have seen England with a pair of different eyes.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
An excerpt from Ali Bacher's interview to Cricinfo, on the topic of 3rd man:

What aspects of modern captaincy do you question?
First of all, by and large, fast bowlers bowl without a third man now. I remember watching a Test match in South Africa in the 1990s. It was the second day and the opposition got almost 400 runs. Peter Pollock, then a selector, was watching the game and he went to the scorer and found out that had there been a third man to the quicks all day, that fielder might have saved 80 runs.

In 1998, when South Africa toured England, we tried to get some former South African players who had played county cricket to talk to the team. Clive Rice, who captained Richard Hadlee at Nottinghamshire, said that when Hadlee came on to bowl, he would tell Rice: "I'll have a third man, a straight mid-off, you can do the rest."

Mrpiggy

Banned
If it were the good old days, you could have been sentenced to spend a full cricket season in Australia.
After that you would have seen England with a pair of different eyes.
England don't have a thing on Australia. All England do is harp on about the ball fixing stuff.

You were destroyed 4-0 (Shame it wasn't 5-0) by a vastly superior opposition. And it's taken a hammering by Pakistan to wake you up! Talk about only playing when you have to! You'll keep going down the ICC rankings. You've played 13 more tests than NZ and your still 4pts behind them!! My SA team are on the up.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
An excerpt from Ali Bacher's interview to Cricinfo, on the topic of 3rd man:

What aspects of modern captaincy do you question?
First of all, by and large, fast bowlers bowl without a third man now. I remember watching a Test match in South Africa in the 1990s. It was the second day and the opposition got almost 400 runs. Peter Pollock, then a selector, was watching the game and he went to the scorer and found out that had there been a third man to the quicks all day, that fielder might have saved 80 runs.
It's something that's been banged on about for years.

I wonder if from the late 90's/early 00's onwards the greater hitting ability provided by modern bats has something to do with it, and forward play advantage provided by helmets. It seems to be a bit easier for mediocre batsmen to get fast bowlers away down the ground than it used to be, so people use the fielder there.

Starfighter

England don't have a thing on Australia. All England do is harp on about the ball fixing stuff.

You were destroyed 4-0 (Shame it wasn't 5-0) by a vastly superior opposition. And it's taken a hammering by Pakistan to wake you up! Talk about only playing when you have to! You'll keep going down the ICC rankings. You've played 13 more tests than NZ and your still 4pts behind them!! My SA team are on the up.
For some reason I pegged you as not actually being English, despite living there. Just the subtle hints. Considering how many English players have come out of your SA you might want to pipe down a bit.

Mrpiggy

Banned
For some reason I pegged you as not actually being English, despite living there. Just the subtle hints. Considering how many English players have come out of your SA you might want to pipe down a bit.
And considering your having a pop you might actually want to "pipe down" a bit too... We'll batter you home or away. See how you cope with Ngidi and Rabada against your pitiful "openers" !

Starfighter

And considering your having a pop you might actually want to "pipe down" a bit too... We'll batter you home or away. See how you cope with Ngidi and Rabada against your pitiful "openers" !
I find it amazing that you are annoyed at the England team supposedly being ****s when you have two of the bigger ones (Faf and Rabada) in your own team. Granted, I suppose it's like looking in a mirror.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I find it amazing that you are annoyed at the England team supposedly being ****s when you have two of the bigger ones (Faf and Rabada) in your own team. Granted, I suppose it's like looking in a mirror.
How is Faf a ****? You're just jealous of his rig.

Borges

International Regular
Right, Dominic Bess. That's what I've been waiting for. C'mon, get some cheap wickets and make this Miyagi pipe down for good.